KJRir6Cz.jpeg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    [video=youtube;CN52cBgjKD4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN52cBgjKD4[/video]

Two things come to mind. Joe is not presidential material. And OMG, the cringe of a network news host telling a POTUS candidate he's not supposed to cough into his hand. Really? That needed said? OMG! He coughed into his hand!!! Disinfect the cameras! Forget that! Save yourself! :runaway:

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    My employer did the same thing, they just didn't call it that and didn't send out a form about it. They just took roughly that amount of pay away for the month of April. :dunno:
    Why would they do that? I mean are you working or have you been laid off? If laid off go collect unemployment.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That;s pretty low and defeats the stimulus purpose of the payments.

Well, I kinda wish the money would go to just those who need it. I'm not affected yet. I think eventually it'll ripple through most of the economy if we have things shut down too long. But I don't need it now. So I kinda wish they'd just give it to those who do.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Why would they do that? I mean are you working or have you been laid off? If laid off go collect unemployment.

To save money? They laid off all hourly and gave all salary a "temporary" pay cut, "for the month of April", and we're all expected to continue to work the same schedule. So, not laid off, just pay lopped by pretty much the amount of that check.

I'm not complaining, because it beats the tar out of getting laid off like a lot of people, but don't think other companies aren't doing the same thing as the folks in the story. Those are just the guys that got caught.

edit: Worth mentioning that these things didn't happen at the exact same time. My employer made their announcement a few days before the bill was passed, but it's not like we all hadn't been hearing about these checks for a week or better at that point. I'll also say again that it beats the snot out of no job.

Last edited:

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom