Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    2453179_42_159_0001-nowater.jpg

"my check engine light is on and it runs rough. I need it for work. Just fix it."

Doug B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    I was once elected to a Homeowners association board years ago. I didn't really want to be on the board. I think it takes people who want to control people's lives to WANT to be on association boards. I did it because I wanted to vote against everything. I quit after one term because it didn't matter. It was only one vote against many busybodies.

I was the president of my HOA for five years. I did it because I wanted home owners to simply follow the rules they agreed to follow when they bought into the neighborhood. And, I wanted the neighborhood and homes to retain their value. I thought of it similar to following the US Constitution. I didn't want to control anybody's life. I just wanted folks to mow their grass and not have a car up on cinder blocks in the driveway.

It wasn't very much fun. It was a LOT of work.... and nobody every said "thank you for your efforts". It took several hours per week to be the HOA president.

I made sure the neighborhood grass (more than 15 acres) got mowed, the street lights worked, the utilities and taxes were paid, the entrances were maintained with shrubs and flowers, the trees in the parks were trimmed every once in a while, the three lakes were maintained and didn't turn into algea covered swamps, stop signs and road signs were replaced when damaged or faded. More than 300 homes in the neighborhood, and there were about six homes that caused nearly all of the problems. Grass more than a foot tall, parking a car in the front yard - not in the drive, shutters falling off the front of the house, boats and trailers parked on the side of the house, trash cans stored in front of the house at all times, folks not paying their HOA dues....

While I'm sure there are folks who are on HOA boards that want to "run and ruin" the lives of others.... I can tell you that the people I worked with were just trying to keep the neighborhood in reasonable shape. Six homes caused nearly all the trouble. 294 home owners were great.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    If you have a construction worker certificate, you may be eligible to get a permit to buy a pickup truck. If you have a piano to haul, that's not a legitimate reason to obtain a permit. You'll just have to rent one after obtaining a temporary permit from the ministry of acceptable motor vehicle use.

It will have to be renewed every 3 years with proof of need, 2 sets of finger prints and pictures.....

Don

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Police troll antifa with a parade of sirens... WINNING!

[video=youtube;eJXE5CkI-No]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJXE5CkI-No&feature=emb_title[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Will you guys please stop posting videos. I am weak and I occasionally click on one that looks interesting. Then I have to delete ten thousand recommendations from you tube for the next six months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom