• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I always thought the "PM sent" was more of a queue ... If you saw 3 "PM sent" ... you could join the line - knowing your chances were not good

I do not remember seeing any complaints where the 4th guy in line got it over the 1st guy in line - (by offering more $$$ )
    Seller picks who gets the goods. No rules as to 1st come. No way we could track that.
    I have been ignored because I am staff and have given warnings so the adult meat suit with the childs mentality ignored my full cash offer more than once.

Again....seller picks the winner.

DMTJAGER

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2020
    WHITING
    Bruce Lee once said:
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough"
    I finally learned to use three rules before I speak when angry or experiencing strong emotions:
    #1-Does it really need to be said
    #2-Does it really need to be said RIGHT NOW
    #3-Does it need to be ME that says it.

I admit I don't always but Im getting much better.
    Self control is the ultimate expression of true strength, otherwise you will allow your emotions to overpower your intelligence more often than not.

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    So you are saying that someone selling an Ed Brown or Les Bear can't be a complete ***hole to deal with?

Oh please expound on this.
    Key word being start there. Understanding and mastering Human Behavior is a level that most don’t achieve. For instance... I probably wouldn’t wast any time on let’s say a user that starts out stating how rare his Norinco with ambies is. And that it belonged to Winston Churchill. Or makes statements like....I just love my Partridge (in a pear tree) sights. There are many clues about the character defining posts that one makes if you know what to watch for. It is all very revealing avatar or not. The mind will justify what the heart wants and perception is reality to many. Compromise runs heavy over dignity at times. Yes , high dollar peeps can be ***holes But conquering them is a talent as well. It’s like the guy who complains about the service in a restaurant when he doesn’t even know the servers name. Or better yet can not tell you who delivers his mail or packages. However, these types are very good about canceling a culture, rewriting the rules or mastering the computer. You asked.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Is it just me or are the classifieds feeling a little more hostile than in the past? Maybe angry people should just take a breath before posting. It's not everyone's fault you've had bad luck or a bad day... it makes me sure that I don't want to meet you face to face for any type of transaction. Starting off by badmouthing everyone who is a member or making demands to follow before contacting you? Just saying, maybe there is a better way. Let me know if anyone agrees or if I',m just reading too much into it.
    I moved to FL 5 years ago so obviously haven’t been active on the Ingo classifieds, but I’ve used classifieds through various boards and conducted more transactions than I can count at this point. One thing I can say for sure is sellers deal with a lot of bs and it gets old pretty fast (no shows, crazy lowball offers, unsolicited trade offers, people that want to argue the terms, etc). At this point, my posts are very direct and I’m sure they probably rub some potential buyers the wrong way. However, I’ve never gotten a negative review from someone that has met me in person. My guess is the sellers you’re talking about have experienced the same kinds of issues and are probably pleasant individuals who just don’t want to waste time dealing with the kinds of buyers I referenced.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    The best answer i can give it because it was the way everyone else did it back when. It evolved like any other custom with most people who do it never thinking about why.
    More like the same reason a dog pisses on a hydrant IMO.

I'm sure some people just do it as a matter of course, I suspect many do it as a tactic.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Key word being start there. Understanding and mastering Human Behavior is a level that most don’t achieve. For instance... I probably wouldn’t wast any time on let’s say a user that starts out stating how rare his Norinco with ambies is. And that it belonged to Winston Churchill. Or makes statements like....I just love my Partridge (in a pear tree) sights. There are many clues about the character defining posts that one makes if you know what to watch for. It is all very revealing avatar or not. The mind will justify what the heart wants and perception is reality to many. Compromise runs heavy over dignity at times. Yes , high dollar peeps can be ***holes But conquering them is a talent as well. It’s like the guy who complains about the service in a restaurant when he doesn’t even know the servers name. Or better yet can not tell you who delivers his mail or packages. However, these types are very good about canceling a culture, rewriting the rules or mastering the computer. You asked.
    Don't forget those who overestimate their abilities of pursuasion and influence.

I agree that most people who come off a certain way are that way. There are some that come off a certain way, but are actually the shark in the tank, and underestimating them is a mistake.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Seller picks who gets the goods. No rules as to 1st come. No way we could track that.
    I have been ignored because I am staff and have given warnings so the adult meat suit with the childs mentality ignored my full cash offer more than once.

Again....seller picks the winner.
    Somehow I am reminded of the time that not only did I accept the seller's terms without any adjustment including making the substantial drive as part of my end, the seller accepted, called while I was stopped at the bank on the way to the meet to tell me he couldn't make it, then he wouldn't answer until about 6pm the following evening to tell me he sold it to someone else. That was irritating.

In the end, Itchytriggerfinger solved the problem by filling that void in the collection with a better deal that went smooth as silk.

retyree98

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Brooklyn
    To be clear on a few things, I have never had a bad transaction through INGO, selling or buying. Everyone I have met in person has been a pleasure to deal with. I have lower expectatuons reading through the ads on the other two sites I frequent, but even then, I have never met a person I was sorry to work with. It doesn't bother me in the least how rude or maybe just perceived to be rude an ad is. I just won't be dealing with them. But after a lifetime of reading classifieds, From the Machine Gun News and the Shotgun news on down, I thought I was sensing a trend here at INGO and wanted to know others opinions on the subject. Maybe in my old age, some things stick out more than they used to, maybe green hair, man buns, and pierced noses are just more noticeable to me. Be rude, don't be rude, dye your hair green, tattoo your face, put a ring through your nose, I don't care, but don't be surprised if I stare and don't expect me to join in.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Most insurance companies require some kind of receipt or proof of ownership/value. BoS is pretty understandable.
    You put each piece on insurance individually?
    Is a picture, or a recorded serial number not enough?

Yeah, I'd like to see some links to back up which insurance companies require exactly what for proof of ownership.

My working premis with my insurance companies are that pictures of the gun and serial numbers show possession and thus ownership, unless it can be proven the firearm is stolen.

:dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah, I'd like to see some links to back up which insurance companies require exactly what for proof of ownership.

My working premis with my insurance companies are that pictures of the gun and serial numbers show possession and thus ownership, unless it can be proven the firearm is stolen.

:dunno:
    That is what my company needs. Pics of gun and pic of serial number. List of mods etc.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    With the steady influx due to the insanity on the other sales sites the buy low flip high crowd is moving among us. Thats the real issue. If you post ammo up at a fair price it will be snatched up among a cat fight from a few known members and get listed within minutes elsewhere at current rates so they can make a buck on our backs.
    I have had more cat fights over ammo than you people know. The PM sent thing and they think they have a lock.
    Man oh man if you folks could sit in this chair for a week.....:):

I was a moderator for a pocket watch message board and collectors group. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I was raising a family and working 55+ hours a week also. My hats off to the moderation team. It's a thankless job, and never easy.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Most insurance companies require some kind of receipt or proof of ownership/value. BoS is pretty understandable.
    Yeah, that's a no from me. Random bill of sale without some verification (notary, etc?) isn't going to prove much IMO.
    e6f65877868aa9d45aea05a3bd509713.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was a moderator for a pocket watch message board and collectors group. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I was raising a family and working 55+ hours a week also. My hats off to the moderation team. It's a thankless job, and never easy.
    I have to stand up and give a huge :thumbsup: to so many of our members in the way they support both the staff and the site. Ingo has proven to be a serious positive in my life with the knowledge gained and the friendships I have made along the way. The positives for the most part have outnumbered the negatives......well, for the most part. :)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I have to stand up and give a huge :thumbsup: to so many of our members in the way they support both the staff and the site. Ingo has proven to be a serious positive in my life with the knowledge gained and the friendships I have made along the way. The positives for the most part have outnumbered the negatives......well, for the most part. :)
    At what level do you get to use your post count like frequent flyer miles? ;)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yea, but you know how those pocket watch guys are. They are off the rails. That would never happen around here. We pretty much all agree.

Top Bottom