Planned Parenthood will stop taking reimbursements for fetal tissue.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I personally could care less about the topic of PP, but it always rolls into abortion. And that is old old old.
    The religious right would do better if they just would move past the topic.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    MissionAccomplished.jpg

Am I right?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It's not just the religious right that are pro life....The Hippocratic Oath is hardly a "religious right" document yet it is very specific on the subject....

I can see why folks that are pro abortion would want this topic to die off...I know when I was a supporter of it I would bust my butt to find a way to "move past the topic." It's a tough one to get behind and even tougher to convince ones self that it is okay...I had a hard time when I was on that side....

It's kind of tough to be a living, breathing, enjoying nature kind of person and not want everyone to at least have the opportunity to see what life on the third rock from the sun is like....

As many a person has said, "Life...It sure beats the alternative."

I am old enough to see the saying "Safe as in your Mother's womb" changed to "Safe as in your Mother's arms" and I am only 51 years old....

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I personally could care less about the topic of PP, but it always rolls into abortion. And that is old old old.

I'm not religious
    I'm not the "right", more so conservatarian
    I've used PP
    I've donated to PP.

Side note, not directed at anyone specifically... commenting on the existence of a thread, rather than the topic of the thread... has no value. Just report the thread if you want it gone, provide a reason, and let a moderator decide. But let's not minimize the article/story because of our disdain for some threads.

I don't care for threads that feature "Glock v 1911" whining, or out-of-the-park conspiracy crap. I do my best to avoid them. But I don't join them and say they shouldn't exist.

Last edited:

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    As many a person has said, "Life...It sure beats the other alternative."
    Does it? I mean, as we've covered, the people who are going to be affected by this aren't the ones with money. They can go to clinics for their checkups, their birth control, and yes, their abortions. Meanwhile, the babies that won't be aborted? They'll be born to the people who couldn't afford that care (let alone the cost of giving birth). The deck is stacked against them economically from the moment they emerge from the birth canal. What kind of future are we insisting that they be born into?

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    It's not just the religious right that our pro life....The Hippocratic Oath is hardly a "religious right" document yet it is very specific on the subject....

I can see why folks that are pro abortion would want this topic to die off...I know when I was a supporter of it I would bust my butt to find a way to "move past the topic." It's a tough one to get behind and even tougher to convince ones self that it is okay...I had a hard time when I was on that side....

It's kind of tough to be a living, breathing, enjoying nature kind of person and not want everyone to at least have the opportunity to see what life on the third rock from the sun is like....

As many a person has said, "Life...It sure beats the alternative."

I am old enough to see the saying "Safe as in your Mother's womb" changed to "Safe as in your Mother's arms" and I am only 51 years old....

You sir, are one of the biggest offenders here that just can't stand not to get on your pulpit and spew your anti abortion views. Its worn out, It's a volatile topic.
    There is no starting point for a adult conversation here. This family forum would be far better served without any posts on PP our any topic that has to do with abortion.
    Im out ...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You sir, are one of the biggest offenders here that just can't stand not to get on your pulpit and spew your anti abortion views. Its worn out, It's a volatile topic.
    There is no starting point for a adult conversation here. This family forum would be far better served without any posts on PP our any topic that has to do with abortion.

Rather than ban topics...I know, only the religious right likes to ban things they don't like...why don't people just scroll on past topics they find worn out and boring?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Eh, I'm genuinely curious. There have to be alternatives and other ways for it to work... because right now, it just sounds like PP is a welfare service... and obviously once you give that to people, it's near impossible to take away. Like foodstamps, or unemployment, etc... These services existed before PP came into being.

Comes down to "What is the root of the problem?"

Is it hospitals/clinics overcharging for services? Maybe, how do we fix that?

Back on topic then - What else is preventing normal clinics/hospitals from handling the services? What could be done to relieve some of the costs, or would that not be enough? Is some cost out of the question opposed to no cost? Is PP really an un-removable welfare object now?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Back on topic then - What else is preventing normal clinics/hospitals from handling the services? What could be done to relieve some of the costs, or would that not be enough? Is some cost out of the question opposed to no cost? Is PP really an un-removable welfare object now?

I thought Obama-Care was supposed to solve these issues.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm sure they've already come up with a strategy for being reimbursed once they're properly absolved for mending their ways.

That system is already in place. Did you not hear that "doctor":rolleyes: making reference to a new car in the earlier video?
    There was no real money in what they got paid for the baby parts. The real money was under the table for the contracts and obviously how intact the baby parts were.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    That system is already in place. Did you not hear that "doctor":rolleyes: making reference to a new car in the earlier video?
    There was no real money in what they got paid for the baby parts. The real money was under the table for the contracts and obviously how intact the baby parts were.

Money, like water, will always find a way.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Money.

Planned Parenthood provides these services at low, or no cost. Hospitals and clinics charge dearly for these services, especially to those with poor or no insurance coverage.
    I thought everyone had insurance now, and with few exceptions had to cover birth control.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Planned Parenthood provides these services at low, or no cost. Hospitals and clinics charge dearly for these services, especially to those with poor or no insurance coverage.

If you value these things so highly, find a suitable charity to donate your money to. The rest of us don't want to pay for this.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Im out ...

Discussion of abortion is no less family friendly than many of the other issues that get discussed on this forum. If we're all about family friendly and limiting the content that pass my opinion of how that test ought be graded, a substantial percentage of the posts, some of the avatars, and a great many threads would need to be deleted to comply. Abortion is a legitimate political issue. It's still relevent and our kids, at the appropriate ages, as they're able to understand and process the information, need to be informed and educated on the issue.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Discussion of abortion is no less family friendly than many of the other issues that get discussed on this forum. If we're all about family friendly and limiting the content that pass my opinion of how that test ought be graded, a substantial percentage of the posts, some of the avatars, and a great many threads would need to be deleted to comply. Abortion is a legitimate political issue. It's still relevent and our kids, at the appropriate ages, as they're able to understand and process the information, need to be informed and educated on the issue.

Well with that, we should be able to curse here and post any pictures that we see fit to post. We should be able to discuss any topic that just comes up.
    But we can't .
    I often wonder why with the women that are members here, none of them ever seem to post their opinions on the topic here.
    I would just think the topic of abortion and PP they would have a opinion about a topic that affects them. But we never hear from them.
    It's always the same members, and none of them has ovaries.. None of them.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    So no more chardonnay swirlers at expensive lunches talking shop?
    That expensive business lunch did kind of contradict the "it's just compensation for expenses" line. If it was just that, a conference room meeting (would you like some coffee?) would have sufficed--if an email or pdf didn't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The rules are in place to attempt to keep discussion on a civil track. No more or less than that. Curse filters are required and naked avatars are verboten for obvious reasons.
    This topic is a hot button pusher and some folks are just to sensitive to participate. Religion was put back on the board in hopes that the membership could embrace the topic and keep things in line. For the most part that has been the case

I suggest those of tender sensibility's refrain.

I also suggest that this topic be viewed and discussed for exactly what it is......a real part of the world we live in. Good bad or indifferent we can all use common sense and stay on track. Put the proper social filters in place and carry on.

Just like a radio that is blaring out an uncomfortable song, way to easy to change the station.

-CM-

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well with that, we should be able to curse here and post any pictures that we see fit to post. We should be able to discuss any topic that just comes up.
    But we can't .
    I often wonder why with the women that are members here, none of them ever seem to post their opinions on the topic here.
    I would just think the topic of abortion and PP they would have a opinion about a topic that affects them. But we never hear from them.
    It's always the same members, and none of them has ovaries.. None of them.

All strawman arguments.

Top Bottom