• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I got a bit of an inside scoop on this topic today as in spite of their trauma they actually showed up at my aunt's office for a follow-up eye exam! He just had laser eye surgery on Monday and so was scheduled for a follow-up exam. They came in and were just kind of dazed and who can blame them. Everyone at the office was very nice and accommodating and just helping them feel at ease knowing that none of us have ever been through what they've experienced in the last day or so. Therein is much of the conversation we don't hear much - the emotional toll on the victims/survivors. They just moved into the house a few months ago and now they don't feel like they can live there because they cannot walk through a room without being reminded of this life-altering event.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    4.5 miles from here. The headline wasn't "HOME INVADERS FLEE IN THE FACE OF OVERWHELMING FIREPOWER ONLY TO BE SHOT BY POLICE", that's for certain.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I drove through the neighborhood today and it's definitely not a place that you would expect something like this to happen. Apparently they owned something very valuable that only a handful of people had knowledge of to include the movers who unloaded their stuff recently. I would guess that there will be more arrests in this case. The couple that live there are older folks.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Does someone have a link to a better article? I realize the one in the OP was the "breaking news" version and short on details. But, man, it left a lot to be desired.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Another link with some more details and pics.
    Suspect dead after burglary foiled » Local News » Hendricks County Flyer, Avon, IN

At approximately 9:27 p.m., officers were dispatched to 270 Andrews Boulevard on a burglary-in-progress call. A Hendricks County Sheriff’s Department deputy and a Plainfield Police Department sergeant responded and arrived just two minutes later.
    The officers reported hearing screams within the residence, and advised dispatch that they needed to make entry. As the officers approached the front door, they saw a white male standing there with a firearm. The subject raised and pointed the weapon at the officers as they approached, and the officers fired at the subject, killing him.
    The officers then entered the residence, and upon checking it, discovered a second white male suspect. Once the officers cornered him, he surrendered without further incident.
    Multiple adults were inside the residence at the time of the attempted robbery, but an exact number of occupants was undetermined as of press time. Officers were originally dispatched after a 911 call came from one of the occupants.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I drove through the neighborhood today and it's definitely not a place that you would expect something like this to happen.

I will repeat the conversation I had with the local LEO's when we had an attempted home invasion at our home.

Me: "But this is a nice neighborhood."
    LEO: "Right....Why would they invade a home in a bad neighborhood? There is nothing there worth stealing."

And that was the day my eyes finally opened up to the State of our Union.....

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    A guy I work with quite frequently was the shooter on this incident. Young skinny go getter type officer. A .45 ACP did its job by dropping the idiot in his tracks with a heart shot from what I am hearing. Also sounds like the BG took one or two rounds into his Taurus automatic.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    A guy I work with quite frequently was the shooter on this incident. Young skinny go getter type officer. A .45 ACP did its job by dropping the idiot in his tracks with a heart shot from what I am hearing. Also sounds like the BG took one or two rounds into his Taurus automatic.

J706 was it the PPD officer or HCS or both that fired on the BG?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    J706 was it the PPD officer or HCS or both that fired on the BG?

I was not working that night but some of my buddys that were there (later) told me that both fired. Plfd Sgt. opened up with a AR and HCSD deputy with a Glock 21.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Too bad the other BG didn't get smoked as well. Good job to the responding officers.

He had a pellet gun and didn't want any part of the LE confrontation. I am hearing they were gang bangers from the city thinking smaller Hendricks County towns are easy prey.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Do we know anything about how they entered the house? Did they kick the door in? Did they knock and push their way inside? What did they do with the homeowner once inside?

Top Bottom