• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Our plant participates with Duke’s PowerShare program. We’ve already had about 4 “economic” events with 2 of them being “max gen” events. Max Gen means they’re giving it all they got and any hiccup will mean not enough capacity. And it’s not even all that hot yet. Solar panels and wind mills just can’t compete with coal and natural gas.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    "Because of the shortfalls in energy capacity, MISO is planning to use emergency resources"

What does that mean? Coal fired plants?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    "Because of the shortfalls in energy capacity, MISO is planning to use emergency resources"

Worse, they're going to try to harness all of that hot air in D.C. and put it to good use.

Ever see any of those Sci Fi movies where they are attempting to harness a new energy source but ultimately destroy the planet? Yeah that's what comes to my mind too.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Likely it means rolling black outs. I doubt any idled coal plants are ready to spin up, if they even still exist.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    After looking at the above map I notice there's a small area in northern Indiana that seems less affected than the rest of the region. Could this have any thing to do with this being Pete Booty Judges old stomping ground or am I off? Funny how Chitown isn't at risk as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No offense but if you’re just now thinking about it you may be behind the curve.
    Yes, as a stable energy customer that hasn’t had an outage longer than 3 hours in the 19 years in this house, I’m behind the curve. And financially it wasn’t in the cards.

Luckily I’m the past 8 months that has changed a bit. So I’m playing catch up.

Top Bottom