PART 2: I'm new an your 50-post rule sucks! Please change it for my convenience.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    And yes many do not. But at what cost that growth.
    Until you set in this chair it is hard to understand. Heck man I got dinged when I was new here. From a friend. I needed 11 more posts to use the classifieds and did it wrong. There are solid reasons for this believe it or not.
    And the ramifications of being a gunbroker/armslist based forum is not what the site owners want. The insanity that ensued from the Sandy Hook influx is still effecting how the forum is ran. So much that is not shared in open forum. Fenway had enough of talking to men in Black with ear wigs.

It probable took awhile for you to know you had been dinged also....with it being dial up and all!:laugh:

68NOVA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2016
    nwi
    walks-in-derps-walks-out

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And yes many do not. But at what cost that growth.
    Until you set in this chair it is hard to understand. Heck man I got dinged when I was new here. From a friend. I needed 11 more posts to use the classifieds and did it wrong. There are solid reasons for this believe it or not.
    And the ramifications of being a gunbroker/armslist based forum is not what the site owners want. The insanity that ensued from the Sandy Hook influx is still effecting how the forum is ran. So much that is not shared in open forum. Fenway had enough of talking to men in Black with ear wigs.

I suppose that is why he was so forgetful.

What does it matter if all the growth is in classifieds? That's when INGO becomes armslist. The idea behind the 50 post rule is to grow the community.

We explain this every time and then a noob who has never read this thread, the rules or the FAQ.

We just wanted to anger the newbies.:):

FTFY

It does anger some of them but seriously, if that is your base character we do not want you here anyway. JMHO of course.

:yesway:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Really....dial up. I don't know CM, but just from reading everyone's posts about him, I thought he was using smoke signals when he first began here, communicating with Elizabeth Warren!

Playing the "how old can we make CM" game, eh....

You realize they hadn't even invented fire when CM first posted, right? Who do you think was painting on those cave walls?

mikem1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    I know I’m slow but it took 50 post to see what this site was about, it’s cool this way.:yesway::):

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Never cared for the rule. INGO would have grown a lot larger and be more active if that rule was never in place. That's all I got to say about that.

Here's the point that everyone who has biotched about the the previous quality 10 post now 50 post rule fails to see beyound their pointy little noses.

This is first and foremost a community, if you come here for information and like minded people, the old 10 post was a breeze, 50 a little more work, easily doable, BUT......
    the classifieds are just a byproduct. Me personally, I have no use to deal with people who come here to buy and sell only. That's what Gunbroker and Armslist is for. and I
    WILL NEVER buy from those sites, because I want to know who it is I'm buying/selling to/from as a responsible firearm owner. In my almost 12 years here, I've bought a few, sold a few, and in each instance
    I got to know the individual some.

In my own honest assessment, if it was a free for all allowing any and all takers to access the classifieds, there would not be the quality of membership here and would be a cesepool
    of a lot of undesirables, something I imagine a vast amount of the members here would agree with me on.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I heard a rumor the classifieds are going away. I heard it in a gun store so it must be true!

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Really....dial up. I don't know CM, but just from reading everyone's posts about him, I thought he was using smoke signals when he first began here, communicating with Elizabeth Warren!

If CM is looked at that way, what am I considered, a founding member of the stone wheel originator society?

I was here 3 years and 17,000 members before him. LOL

Sorry it took so long to post this guys, it takes a while to chisel all this out in stone to be sent to someone to transpose it.:rofl::joke::bacondance:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In my own honest assessment, if it was a free for all allowing any and all takers to access the classifieds, there would not be the quality of membership here and would be a cesepool
    of a lot of undesirables, something I imagine a vast amount of the members here would agree with me on.
    We were a naive bunch here the first year or two, before the flippers moved in... they taught us about the real world.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I suppose that is why he was so forgetful.

We explain this every time and then a noob who has never read this thread, the rules or the FAQ.

FTFY

:yesway:
    A FAQ! That’s a good idea. INGO should have one. Then maybe n00bs would understand the rules.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom