• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    rhino was not assuming that Cajun food is hot/spicey. rhino just knows that he abhors change or anything different. rhino tends to order the same thing every time at specific restaurants. rhino's palate is very simple.

Is rhino the alter ego of Sheldon Cooper.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'll be walking through the door at 1400 tomorrow if anyone wants to break cornbread at a late lunch. With Halloween candy tomorrow night this should work just fine. You can't miss me, I'm the medium-height, medium-build, 50ish white male with graying hair and a goatee. Wow, that doesn't narrow it down much, I think I just described half of us. Black INGO shirt and a Retired USAF hat.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, since Rhino doesn't approve of anything outside of PB&J, Mac and cheese, and Vigilant so HOPES, Bacon, Vigilant will see if Art can make a fried egg, PB&J, bacon, Po-boy!? If so, Vigilant will purchase it. IF Rhino so decides to not eat it, Vigilant will consume the unused portion. NO, Vigilant will NOT add Mac and cheese to aforementioned po-boy!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    +1
    Remember Cajun =/= hot and spicy. Yes, there can be some burn, but Cajun and creole are all about flavor. You will never see anything like a ghost pepper or habanero used in traditional cajun. Good cajun food wont have you reaching for the water with tears in your eyes. Thats somebody cooking it incorrectly because they dont understand and think hot=cool.

Then don't order their Creole side. Very hot and spicy. They don't use cayenne pepper for nutin!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The word from Papa is that today (Saturday 10/31) he is closing the store early, at 3pm. He gave these reasons:

1. He doesn't want to be in the store with masked-and-costumed customers, given recent events
    2. He wants to give his crew time off to do Halloween with their families
    3. He's almost out of food

so if you're going today to get the discount and support Papa, go early.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    I am going to be there today with my uncle. We both carry. Thanks for letting me know they close early.

I'm 6'2, 300 lb, 55 year old white guy with grey hair, and will be wearing a light blue jacket. My uncle is 65, bald slim white guy, Marine vet.
    I will probably CC unless the jacket comes off.

We might even go see the new James Bond movie after we eat.

If you see me, don't be shy.

Looking forward to spending the day with my uncle.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

We might even go see the new James Bond movie after we eat.

If you see me, don't be shy.

Looking forward to spending the day with my uncle.

I just had to check because I would be going to see that if it were out today.

Spectre doesn't release until Nov. 7

Bridge of Spies is pretty good. Witchhunter is a good popcorn flick, check your brain at the door.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for clarifying on the Bond movie. Gotta go see that one! We have a tradition going back to our dating years. We have a martini, shaken not stirred, before each Bond release :)

Papa Reaux's now announced they are paying for staff training for firearms defense. Apparently they are taking the basic class with Guy Relford. So the earlier poster got his wish. Again, it's not something I would get in the middle of as a small business owner (although if you labeled it self defense and not firearms training and didn't directly sponsor the gun... maybe). But I'm glad to see they are doing it.

Most of all, I'm grateful for the response this has generated. No business that made a "no firearms" announcement ever got a positive response like this from people's wallets.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I went at 2pm and ate with KellyInAvon. The place was packed even though it was in mid-afternoon. As usual, it was a pleasure meeting another INGOer. I've always enjoyed meet-n-eats and meet-n-shoots and always meet good people. The bread pudding had chocolate in it, which was different, but quite tasty. :yesway:

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I had an excellent lunch with Pudly today. I went with the chicken po boy on soft bread with slaw and a little voodoo sauce. That place was PACKED. Bought a t-shirt, spent a good five minutes trying to figure out what it said.

The boys and girls tip jugs are a little different. I kept the INGO tip well with LTCH discount tradition going. Looked like the girls were doing much better.

As crowded as that place is (before you add all the people) engaging a bad guy would be difficult at best.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I went at 2pm and ate with KellyInAvon. The place was packed even though it was in mid-afternoon. As usual, it was a pleasure meeting another INGOer. I've always enjoyed meet-n-eats and meet-n-shoots and always meet good people. The bread pudding had chocolate in it, which was different, but quite tasty. :yesway:
    You ninja-posted me Pudly! Did I mention that you look nothing like your avatar?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    The boys and girls tip jugs are a little different. I kept the INGO tip well with LTCH discount tradition going. Looked like the girls were doing much better.

Cool!
    By chance, did you get any pictures of the girls jugs? I'd really like to see that. :):

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had an excellent lunch with Pudly today. I went with the chicken po boy on soft bread with slaw and a little voodoo sauce. That place was PACKED. Bought a t-shirt, spent a good five minutes trying to figure out what it said.

As crowded as that place is (before you add all the people) engaging a bad guy would be difficult at best.

bwframe thinks the rhino must not have made it?

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    bwframe thinks the rhino must not have made it?

We really need to work on our secret sign. Pudly was wearing an INGO hat so I waved at him. There were 2 guys wearing NRA shirts but I don't know if they were INGOers.

No rhino sightings, but like pudly I doubt he resembles his avatar.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I went, I ate, I paid ful price. I enjoyed, and I shall return. Gator Po Boy, Red Beans, slaw, and corn bread for Rino.

I considered the gator, but went with chicken since chicken tastes like gator. Also had cornbread for rhino.

Top Bottom