• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    It's got some publicity. This was on TV while I was waiting in car-x today. If the place is too small, what about organizing shifts for 'meet&eats'--mon. tue. wed etc?

It's on national as well as local news and supposedly the place is packed. We would support him better if we waited for all of this to die down, then had a meet&eat there.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Uq3NKoI.gif

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    It's on national as well as local news and supposedly the place is packed. We would support him better if we waited for all of this to die down, then had a meet&eat there.
    Good thinking--you must be a small business owner;)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    1. Wouldn't he be more liable if he encouraged arming his employees?
    2. I'd imagine that option is also more expensive for him.
    3. I doubt he's going to experience much, if any, loss from this.

Maybe he knows his employees better than we do and he doesnt WANT them carrying on the clock?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Maybe he knows his employees better than we do and he doesnt WANT them carrying on the clock?

I'm struggling to think of a business that does want that.

Not that it's an inherently bad thing... but I imagine it has a lot of hassle that goes with it.

I've only ever known very, very small business owners that carry on the job. Or gun shop employees.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, they are going to take a loss on some of their orders to have some people show up who might defend them from robbers....why doesn't he subsidise his employees getting a LTCH and a firearm instead? And carry one himself? I'd feel better if the staff were responsible for their own safety rather than trying to rope me and others into being their guardians for a discounted sandwich. Why shouldn't they provide for the safety of their own staff and patrons?
    Some of his employees do, at least I've seen them in the past.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Sooooo, we ***** and moan about businesses that advertise anti-gun. Now we ***** and moan when a business advertises that they are PRO GUN and even offer a discount for it. WTH? A fickle group......

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So what do folks recommend to eat there?

I have been there for lunch once, it was OK but a little underwhelming given the buildup. I had a catfish po'boy which was good but I got it toasted which liquefied the dressing too much.

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    I was there today, had a delicious Oyster PoBoy, thanks fo asking.

Talked to Art Bouvir, AKA Papa Roux, and he said business was fantastic and about 50% of the people are getting the discount, 25% are showing their permit and declining the offered discount and the rest normal customers.

There was a line all the time I was there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The better half and I will be dining there soon. Although we'll let him know we have LTCH we have decided not to avail ourselves of the discount. Carrying is a civic responsibility and is its own reward.

Sounds like a double duty cool way to handle this would be to take the 20% discount and put it in the employee tip jar? Looks like those folks are working pretty hard trying to keep up.

That Oyster Po-Boy sounds wonderful. I might just have to ride the motorcyle up there the latter part of this week, before it gets much colder. Anyone know what is the slower part of their afternoon?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom