• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    A guy I play volleyball with has the plug-in hybrid and loves it. Gets almost 30 miles on electric alone before turning hybrid. Drawback - the place in the floor where you fold the middle seats into is taken up by the plug-in batteries.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    My son and daughter-in-law have initiated a lemon law return of their Pacifica. In two or three years, it's been in the shop longer than they have had it to drive. For the moment, it's fixed again, but they no longer trust it. It has left them stranded on the highway three or four times, and takes months to fix each time. I believe it's a common problem for this model,

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We're on our second town and country and looking to trade it in for another Chrysler mini van. I planned on a pacifica, but reading this doesn't sound great. What's so different between the pacifica and the town and country minivans? We've had some fantastic luck with our chrysler minivans.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Thanks between this thread and not being a millionaire we will be passing on the electric stuff right now.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I am pretty sure most toyota's use CVT's. My 2021 Sienna van does. At least I have a 84,000/7 year warranty LOL! I do get 34-36 mile per gallon. This is even through the mountains (4 tips to NC this year).

Ron
    Toyota and Honda are so spendy not saying it isn’t a great vehicle

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have no interest in the Pacifica Hybrid, and I'd only be looking at the regular pacifica.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We're on our second town and country and looking to trade it in for another Chrysler mini van. I planned on a pacifica, but reading this doesn't sound great. What's so different between the pacifica and the town and country minivans? We've had some fantastic luck with our chrysler minivans.
    I wouldn't get the hybrid, but I have 80k on a 2018 Pacifica and it has been great.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Don’t listen to any advice telling you to avoid a CVT with regards to hybrids, as they are not really CVTs as you would find in a strictly gas powered vehicle. Research the particular model you are considering.

For instance, Toyota’s hybrid system is durable and well proven. It is often referred to as a CVT, but it is not anything like a typical CVT.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The Pacifica trans isn't the normal CVT that comes in a gas powered only car.

The most recent fix to my son's van was supposedly a replacement trans. I believe earlier problems were trans/battery/EV control module type problems. In any case, he wants rid of it.

This site talks about recalls, etc ... Not very comforting if you own one. Scroll up to the top to see all the potential issues:

https://lemonlawexperts.com/chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-recall/#:~:text=What causes the 2023 Chrysler,the engine to shut off.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The most recent fix to my son's van was supposedly a replacement trans. I believe earlier problems were trans/battery/EV control module type problems. In any case, he wants rid of it.

This site talks about recalls, etc ... Not very comforting if you own one. Scroll up to the top to see all the potential issues:

https://lemonlawexperts.com/chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-recall/#:~:text=What causes the 2023 Chrysler,the engine to shut off.

People I know with them are of the opinion that when they work they're great. Sadly that's not very often.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My wife has a 2020 voyager. Pretty much the same thing as a Pacifica. She loves it, only problem so far was the "shutters" that control airflow into the radiator but that was covered under warranty. Going to FL and back avg 30+ mpg and that was with the cruise set at over 70.

Top Bottom