• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The NRA didn't actually say this, right?

The NRA is already blaming the victims of yesterday's shooting for their own deaths, saying they too should have been armed.

Kut (hopes it's just hyperbole, and O'Malley speaking out of his butt)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Usually (terrible that this happens often enough to use that term) the NRA remains silent. I assume that they know there is no statement they could make that would not, somehow, be used against them. They remain silent, as the above statement proves they should.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Usually (terrible that this happens often enough to use that term) the NRA remains silent. I assume that they know there is no statement they could make that would not, somehow, be used against them. They remain silent, as the above statement proves they should.

Yeah, the NRA immediately distanced themselves from that tasteless comment. I'm glad that they did, not because I support the NRA, but because it was the right thing to do.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sensitivity training? Lol you libs are a joke. someone doesn't agree with you get over it. I guess it's ok for Obama to walk all over the victims graves to get his agenda passed. His comments aren't tasteless at all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sensitivity training? Lol you libs are a joke. someone doesn't agree with you get over it. I guess it's ok for Obama to walk all over the victims graves to get his agenda passed. His comments aren't tasteless at all.

Yes, sensitivity training. I only say that because I'm in pacifist Zen mode. Anybody that says a person caused their own death because of not supporting gun rights, rather than placing blame on the actual murderer, is seriously lacking the good sense the Lord gave to a peanut, let alone a regular person.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Sociological question: Why is it that it seems to be ok for the gun control folks to immediately go on the attack after these events whereas the "pro-gun" folks are seen as offensive?

One theory of mine is it's easy and less subjective to blame objects than blame people, their actions, and failures. Man, I'd love to see the NRA and other "gun groups" come up with a messaging methodology to counter the gun grabbers. Until then, it is probably right to let the mourning run its course before attacking the tired old, retreaded claims.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Yes, sensitivity training. I only say that because I'm in pacifist Zen mode. Anybody that says a person caused their own death because of not supporting gun rights, rather than placing blame on the actual murderer, is seriously lacking the good sense the Lord gave to a peanut, let alone a regular person.

Have to agree with you here. Placing blame on anyone (or thing) besides the sick individual that took it upon themselves to commit a horrific crime is just burying your head in the sand. Until society stops pointing fingers at everything but the problem, and not holding people accountable for their own actions, all the laws in the world wont keep us safe.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Preposterous!

That's like saying that the Sandy Hook Principal and school board members are at fault for the students deaths because they were against people carrying guns in their school.....

Wait....That is true.

Nevermind...:):

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    O'Malley is every bit as bad as both Clintons and Obama. The only slack I will cut him is he appears to not have any scandals in his background. I sure wouldn't want to live in the America he envisions. Too bad these libs aren't honest enough to say what they really want, total disarmament of the American people.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Have to agree with you here. Placing blame on anyone (or thing) besides the sick individual that took it upon themselves to commit a horrific crime is just burying your head in the sand. Until society stops pointing fingers at everything but the problem, and not holding people accountable for their own actions, all the laws in the world wont keep us safe.

I think this is more than a crime, I think it qualifies as a terrorist attack. The views this kid holds don't develop in a vacuum. Would like to see them dig into who radicalized him and how. Probably not gonna happen.

Would also like the gun control true believers to stop and think it through. NONE of the measures I'm aware of that have been proposed would have kept this kid from doing this. FAIL! Know this isn't going to happen, it never does

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sociological question: Why is it that it seems to be ok for the gun control folks to immediately go on the attack after these events whereas the "pro-gun" folks are seen as offensive?

One theory of mine is it's easy and less subjective to blame objects than blame people, their actions, and failures. Man, I'd love to see the NRA and other "gun groups" come up with a messaging methodology to counter the gun grabbers. Until then, it is probably right to let the mourning run its course before attacking the tired old, retreaded claims.

only one person massacred is partially responsible. The idiot pastor/politician who voted for the inability to protect themselves in a church. And he is responsible for any other preventable deaths like this. I'm fed up with idiots thinking that laws PREVENT crimes and save lives. I am by no means saying he or his fellow worshippers DESERVED it, just that he is partially to blame.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    My take on all of this is if you can't reasonably ensure the defense of my family and myself then please do not deny me the tools necessary for our own security.

Top Bottom