• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Im up to 19 or so posts but I dont really see them as spectacular.... I stumbled on this site looking around for info on those goofballs up in Michigan. im just curious as to what gets defined as a good posts. I see people posting about some of the dumbest stuff on here. Something about bacon, a firebase and just off the wall random stuff. Heck there was even a post that had a picture of a chair and some incoherent gibberish...

Yesterday I had ice cream.

platypus.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Im up to 19 or so posts but I dont really see them as spectacular.... I stumbled on this site looking around for info on those goofballs up in Michigan. im just curious as to what gets defined as a good posts. I see people posting about some of the dumbest stuff on here. Something about bacon, a firebase and just off the wall random stuff. Heck there was even a post that had a picture of a chair and some incoherent gibberish...

Yeah, the "PQI" or "Post Quality Index" as a couple of the other mods call it drops dramatically once you hit 50. :): The "quality" indicator is just a way to say "Don't post 'thanks for the info!' 50 times and think that gets you into the classifieds".

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    So i could then say Hi Welcome I come for the classified whilst eating bacon?

What is with the obsession with bacon? I mean there are hundreds of posts just about bacon... Dont get me wrong bacon is ok but seriously who eats biscuits with bacon gravy?? Sausage is where it is at...

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

What is with the obsession with bacon? I mean there are hundreds of posts just about bacon... Dont get me wrong bacon is ok but seriously who eats biscuits with bacon gravy?? Sausage is where it is at...

Tell you the truth.....now keep it secret......I really cant stand bacon that much. :whistle: I'm a ham person.:wrongdoor:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana

I believe sausage will "pass" being that it is from the same animal.

jdude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 25, 2009
    N.E corner
    I agree that maybe being a site supporter would be a good requirement, after all it's only $10.00 and it would surely help pay the overhead of the site. Those that would complain about the cost may not be interested in helping to keep the site what it has become, a place to learn and interact with people that share a common interest.

I know for me it has been a great source of information and I have probably learned more here as a whole than any where else on the web.

I have yet to use the classifieds, but when I come across something I want to buy or sell, I know one of the factors I will look at is if they are a site supporter and look at the reps and and quality of there posts to decide if I want to deal with them.

reconwayne

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    So in theory what would the value of an old mosin nagant be if i smeared it with bacon and bacon grease?

I agree with jdude even if the fee was yearly thats like .85 cents a month... im sure everyone can afford that by reaching into a pocket.... That way even if they do troll just for guns at least the site is taken care of....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......Dont get me wrong bacon is ok but seriously who eats biscuits with bacon gravy??............

DUDE! My mouth is now watering for some bacon gravy, I have not
    had any like my mom made in years.
    I like regular bread soaked in the bacon gravy as opposed to biscuits though. with bacon crumbles on top.
    I do prefer biscuits for sausage gravy though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    RW, not being a smart-mouth to ya, but dude... it's in the FAQ. The FAQ you're supposed to read.

I'm not calling you out. I'm really not. Just pointing out that there are very, very few INGO questions that I don't think can be answered by the FAQ.

For the newbies, read the FAQ! (Yes, we do have one!)

BTW, RC, You're posts have been pretty much "quality posts" from what I have seen in the different threads, just in case you were wondering.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The difference is that most of the people posting those useless things are also contributing members, and they're just goofing around with each-other. The important part is that they also have very meaningful posts elsewhere, and their "meaningless" posts don't have a 2nd motive (be able to use the classifieds). It's obvious that when a new person joins and posts 50 posts in an hour that basically say "lol", "i agree", "good post", "hi" etc. and then their very next post is in the classifieds, they are only here to use the classifieds, and not contribute. However, when a person that has 600 posts (most of them meaningful, contributing posts) posts a meaningless post, it is just that, a meaningless post with no other motives. That person doesn't have any motive to post a meaningless post, and they have many of meaningful posts to back that up. But the person with no meaningful posts, and all meaningless posts, that goes straight to the classifieds after that 50 mark is obviously here for one thing and one things only and that is to "USE INGO", not "BE A PART OF INGO"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The difference is that most of the people posting those useless things are also contributing members, and they're just goofing around with each-other. The important part is that they also have very meaningful posts elsewhere, and their "meaningless" posts don't have a 2nd motive (be able to use the classifieds). It's obvious that when a new person joins and posts 50 posts in an hour that basically say "lol", "i agree", "good post", "hi" etc. and then their very next post is in the classifieds, they are only here to use the classifieds, and not contribute. However, when a person that has 600 posts (most of them meaningful, contributing posts) posts a meaningless post, it is just that, a meaningless post with no other motives. That person doesn't have any motive to post a meaningless post, and they have many of meaningful posts to back that up. But the person with no meaningful posts, and all meaningless posts, that goes straight to the classifieds after that 50 mark is obviously here for one thing and one things only and that is to "USE INGO", not "BE A PART OF INGO"

i agree

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton

Ok, who has the ban hammer. :draw:

What's not to love about bacon?
    Bacon Dance

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with the 50 post limit. Yes, we could raise it, but as others have pointed out, we'd just get more useless posts for mods to clean up. I would rather see the 50 post limit combined with a waiting period. For instance, after you reach your 50th post, you have to wait 48 hours before posting in the classified section. That would at least give the mods more time to weed out the posts that shouldn't count towards the 50 post limit.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Personally, I don't even care about the classifieds. Since finding this site thru yahoo or google, I don't even remember now, it was an accident, I've learned so much from this site. This site is full of great, and stupid, information. I think if the noobs would take the time and actually read thru some of the past and present threads, they would agree too. There's just so much to learn on here, and also to get a good laugh, it's just unbelievable. Usually this is the only place I'll visit on the web.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    RW, not being a smart-mouth to ya, but dude... it's in the FAQ. The FAQ you're supposed to read.

I'm not calling you out. I'm really not. Just pointing out that there are very, very few INGO questions that I don't think can be answered by the FAQ.

For the newbies, read the FAQ! (Yes, we do have one!)

BTW, RC, You're posts have been pretty much "quality posts" from what I have seen in the different threads, just in case you were wondering.

INGO has a FAQ???

FAQ an A!!! I can't FAQing believe it!!

This would NOT classify as a quality post just so you know. Most of us that have been here awhile do post some rather useless stuff, but many here will also have an answer for just about any question you have, some answers will also be right!! Though most will just be an opinion, and we all know the saying about opinions. :D

Even the modzi bunch is pretty useful sometimes:

Shooter and VUPD are the AR Gods.
    BOR I'm not sure what he does except watch me.
    Pami and Spasmo are the voice of reason and will have the mom input before the guys stomp you.
    Scutter01 is everywhere and sees all so be on the look out for him he never shows up on line but he is always there.(Kinda like the Butler from Mr. Deeds without the dead foot.)Really kinda creepy how he does that!
    I think Lars is still here too but I think the daddy thing keeps him busy.

:ingo:

Top Bottom