• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yesterday at a water park, I saw a young guy with a tattoo on his shoulder blade that read "Only God Can Judged Me". Nope. Lots of us are judging you right now....

Proofread, folks, proofread.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yesterday at a water park, I saw a young guy with a tattoo on his shoulder blade that read "Only God Can Judged Me". Nope. Lots of us are judging you right now....

I'm sure he has...
    no-regerts-tatoo.jpg

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County

Sad, Only God is my Judge though. I probably would have read it before I let him/her ink it but then this guy was probably drunk when he got it.

I have a Crucifix on my upper Right arm and a Peace Sign and Tai Chi surrounded by a Chinese Dragon on my left. I will see what I can do about pix but I am done with them. I have things that need fixing and bills to be paid so the money, and they aren't cheap, is better spent elsewhere.

I am also hairy like a hobbit, I even have hair on my toes so...

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is my back. One artist (my mother-in-law), and about 15 hours in 6+ sittings over almost 10 years. I want to get it colored in but as I get older, I just can't take the pain anymore. I nearly passed out putting the green in the trees. That was about 6 years ago. Might have to give it a shot again.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Here is my back. One artist (my mother-in-law), and about 15 hours in 6+ sittings over almost 10 years. I want to get it colored in but as I get older, I just can't take the pain anymore. I nearly passed out putting the green in the trees. That was about 6 years ago. Might have to give it a shot again.

Some artists use spray now that doesn't interfere with the process. Hush is one, Vaso-Caine is another. I know your pain though. Once a spot is started on it feels like grinding on raw meat after a bit.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Some artists use spray now that doesn't interfere with the process. Hush is one, Vaso-Caine is another. I know your pain though. Once a spot is started on it feels like grinding on raw meat after a bit.

In my early 20's, I could sit and take it for 3 or 4 hours. 10 years later, I just couldn't do it. The last work I had done were my kids hand and foot prints when they were about 4 months old. So that would be Dec of 08 and Feb of 2011. They are both on my chest. The one in 08 was fine but the one in 2011was rough.

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    In my early 20's, I could sit and take it for 3 or 4 hours. 10 years later, I just couldn't do it. The last work I had done were my kids hand and foot prints when they were about 4 months old. So that would be Dec of 08 and Feb of 2011. They are both on my chest. The one in 08 was fine but the one in 2011was rough.
    For me it is like building a tolerance for it. When I started on the back piece last year I could make 4 hours and I was ready to tap out. Now that I am about done I usually sit for 7 to 7 1/2 hours. I will admit to the spray towards the end though. My artist is really great also, he doesn't feel like he is trying to flay skin like some of the old school guys I have had others from.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Got my 3rd tattoo last Tuesday, it's an African Elephant on my forearm. This was a single 7hr sitting, I go back in 2.5 weeks for some more detail work. Pain didn't really bother me too much. Around the wrist SUCKED. Jose at Firefly Tattoos Downtown Indy. Great place.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Looking for recommendations for a shop. Preferably east Indy, but will drive a bit for good artists. Wife is wanting to get her first tattoo, and would like to work with an artist to draw up a design, she knows what she wants just needs it drawn up. And I want to get my wedding ring tattoo'd on.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Looking for recommendations for a shop. Preferably east Indy, but will drive a bit for good artists. Wife is wanting to get her first tattoo, and would like to work with an artist to draw up a design, she knows what she wants just needs it drawn up. And I want to get my wedding ring tattoo'd on.

Infamous in Wanamaker. I go to Kym, but Mitchell is really good too.

Tattoo Studio Indianapolis - Home

raptrbreth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Ryan Dearringer. He has a private shop and does only custom work. I have posted some of his work in this thread. Let me know if you want his info.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I’d like to ask a question if I may. Let me start by saying I don’t have a tattoo. (I guess I’ve not had a serious enough life event to give me cause for a subject for a tattoo). With that being said let me also state I have nothing against tattoos - and I have seen some especially good ones that are quite fascinating. I have friends who have (1) a portrait of a child that has passed, (2) military related tattoos with dates of service, military unit or branch,etc, or (3) high school sweetheart, cars, etc. that are sometimes well done and sometimes really amatuerish.

The question: Why does it seem that folks with tattoos dress accordingly so that the rest of the world can/must see them ? i.e. Get a tattoo on your upper arm so you the wear a wife beater teacher (sleeveless) shirt. Get a tattoo on your lower leg - so you wear shorts for 365 days a year so we can see them. If it’s a woman with a tattoo on her chest she has to wear the lowest cut blouse or other garment so we can see it.

Is the mentality that tattoos are artwork deserving to be displayed to the general public ALL THE TIME so the appropriately revealing apparel is required ?

Top Bottom