• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A quick search reveals that he has always been a lightning rod for lawsuits for sure. A look at all the suits by and against him, his companies, and family seem to indicate to me that after the 2016 election there was a strategy on the left to handcuff him and his administration with lawsuits…
    How does that work though? His lawyers are the ones handling the lawsuits.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How does that work though? His lawyers are the ones handling the lawsuits.
    In a word, stress. Each one requires time in meetings, funding, and PR. The suits against his kids and companies are quite possibly the most stressful for obvious reasons like family pressure, and the efforts to cancel his companies and thereby his livelihood…

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I dunno, maybe fighting personal lawsuits and impeachments is the drain on the ability of an individual to function as efficiently as they might if not involved in such fights?
    I agree, they did everything to undermine Trump that they could (in the Senate, McConnell also did everything he undermine Obama, something to criticize, but the filling of federal judges was extremely important). My goodness, people talked about the Trumps changing the flowers in the garden - why would any serious person care one bit? When Bush put troops in the Middle East, they said he was "moving the country to the right;" when Trump was pulling troops out he was "moving the country to the right." Political discussions on the pulpit, in the news, and in real life seldom seem about anything more than regurgitating slogans.

Does this presuppose that the feds actually want to?
    My point is that managing the immigration system (not even necessarily talking about changing the born here -> auto citizen policy, just processing the paperwork under the current system) is a fundamental task of the federal government. Their job is to handle international issues, e.g. national defense, immigration, and interstate issues, e.g. look at any concurrence from Brett Kavanaugh on cases where SJWs lose their minds (note the sadly hilarious "women and pregnant people" in this). So, before giving them more rope to trip the American People, they, the federal legislators, should focus on their basic duties first.

I think your full comment was fair with two caveats, one Ingomike addressed in post 196. There second is the above. I'm convinced the fed writ large is fully capable of adhering and enforcing written immigration laws. The fed simply chooses to ignore their own laws. The fed doesn't just allow illegal immigration they encourage it, subsidize it and directly engage in illegal activities related to illegal immigration. The fed literally supply resources via money, housing, transportation, etc. to persons who are, by federal legal definitions, criminals. It's disgraceful and treasonous. Anyway, just my rant not directed at you personally. It's directed at the federal United States government that works directly against legal American citizens for the benefit of illegal immigrants. And they do it intentionally.
    Ah, I'm talking about more than just the border (at least in my mind), but I wholeheartedly agree that the federal government isn't even trying to secure the southern border.

To provide the context for my "they can't perform basic functions of immigration" it's not even limited to the political question of open borders (which is ridiculous that it's even debated).

I haven't posted in the 1st world problems thread, but my wife and I are waiting to actually share our daily lives and are moving at the pace of the government:
    The careful reader might notice that the I-129F is for fiance(e)s. Indeed. With the uncertainties around (now demonstrably ineffective) Covid policies, we applied for the fiancee visa. Travel resumed, we married, but we cannot transfer from the fiancee to spousal without resetting the entire process (another dumb, ineffective, why haven't they fixed this issue). So, our marriage while real (religious) is not legally binding because the immigration system would punish us for doing so (Fortunately the laws of God are far more restrictive than the laws of man with respect to marriage <- It's YouTube, don't yell at me, Mike). Registering the marriage would likely have delayed her coming even longer had we restarted the application process.

Oh, and the processing of visas was faster under Trump than Biden, but who's counting?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Agreed, but the Pres. can push the discussion dramatically. I wondered why Trump didn't use the platform to push the congress more; for example, he said he'd drain the swamp and make congress put limits on whne they can become lobbyists after leaving congress. Obviously he couldn't write bills, but why not take the time to drive the point home prior to the midterms and put pressure on campaigns to include a (possibly empty) promise of introducing such legislation?
    Have you forgotten that he was immediately enmeshed in fighting the Russian Collusion
    narrative and likely had a lot less leverage to 'push' congress because of that

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. They don’t only act like D’s. They act like chamber-o-commerce republicans. The difference? They don’t want you to buy cold beer in grocery stores.

Top Bottom