NWI INGO Meet & Shoot: Sunday, 14 NOV 2010 - Last 1 for 2010!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I will have my .... recoil pad (for Jediagh's encounter with the venerable M1A), .....

Fixed it for you. :):

Good save Melensdad.... LOL...

u 3 are mean! Santa is watching cause tis the season you know and guess what? Yup COAL 4 u! :laugh:

Well I just got back from Cabela's. Had a $10 (no min purchase) coupon & was all set on getting some .30-06 when holly
    smiley-talk034.gif
    batman that ammo is
    smiley-talk034.gif
    expensive as all
    smiley-talk034.gif
    ! 20 rounds for $17.99 was the cheapest I could find. Hum.. looks like I need to save more pennies before ya boys bring our the MA Garand.

However I did pick up for $5.45 a box of 50 rounds of .30 carbine. So does anyone have an M1 Carbine? :dunno:

Now in all fairness I'm probably am gonna need the "drama kit" since I plan on putting a lot of rounds in that sagia SG with the drum GB is bringing. :ar15::D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Back on topic . . . I sat with Terry (tem375) today for a cup of coffee and a good cigar and he said he will be showing up about lunch time. Apparently he hunts land that is very close to the Winamac range, he'll likely be showing up in camo right from the hunting fields.

LocustsOfSteel

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Beverly Shores
    Back on topic . . . I sat with Terry (tem375) today for a cup of coffee and a good cigar and he said he will be showing up about lunch time. Apparently he hunts land that is very close to the Winamac range, he'll likely be showing up in camo right from the hunting fields.

Awesome, perhaps I can get a few tips on Indiana hunting from him, i know were pretty much restricted to old-school low-velosity cowboy rounds for whitetail.

maximum case length + minimum diameter = cowboy... Fudd laws lol

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Awesome, perhaps I can get a few tips on Indiana hunting from him, i know were pretty much restricted to old-school low-velosity cowboy rounds for whitetail.

maximum case length + minimum diameter = cowboy... Fudd laws lol

Or the 458 SOCOM.

This is "Indiana Deer Legal" and I'll be sighting in the scope again since I removed it and remounted the whole assembly.

P1080212.jpg

Here is a loaded 458 SOCOM round, with a few different bullets, next to a 7.62x39 Russian round for comparison.
    1-22.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

what!? what!? y r u inviting the rednecks! ;) This is the NWI "gangsta" INGO group you know. We come from the "bad Chicago politics style of town with our hi-points and assault rifles." :faint: :laugh:

The more the better! Looks like the cold is not scaring this group. :rockwoot:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Was this BRASS cased .30 carbine ammo Jedi??

Herter's International Select Grade
    .30 Carbine 110 gr FMJ
    Steel Case
    Non-Corrosive
    Berdan Primed
    50 cartidges
    Made in Russia

$16.99 original price was on sale for $14.44

I actually goofed if I think about it. Since I was thinking of the M1A (.308) but got my caliber's mixed up. I did call GB and asked him if he had anything in .30 carbine which he said he does so I'll be shooting something. :D

What sux was that I got the coupon on WED and it expired today! I think the mail was a bit slow in getting these out. :dunno:

Did not want to let it go to waste since there was no MIN PURCHASE. I walked in thinking I could just get a box of mini mag CCI .22LR so I could test that on the 10/22s since I heard that is good ammo on the 10/22s but frankly I don't want to "sight" the 10/22 this go around since it's just gonna remain in it's case for the next 3 months and I would rather not have the frustration like last time.

Plus it looks like I'm only gonna have 1 new shooter (co-worker) as my sis just text to tell me she has to work on sunday.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    You peaked my interest.... oouuuuu 458 socom..... hmmmmm. You bringing a specimen too test fire sunday ????

30 carb will be in the car for you to try out, Jediagh... You can probally find 30.06 ammo at Myers or one of the walmarts for about 15.00 for 20 rounds... I might throw it in there too and find some of that M2 ball stuff I got laying around. You know the ammo that's sitting around, getting older and some how worth more everyday it sits there ... LOL...

I was thinking on building my next AR project in 6.5 Grendel but that 458 socom looks very interesting...

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    So bring you 6 dollars and touch it off twice... sounds fair....

Jediagh, I did find some israeli IMI 149 gr. FMJ 30.06 down there already loaded up in a En-block if you want to shoot a old war horse... I kind of think every red blooded american should get a chance to shoot the Garand... one of the finer rifles of our cherished American Rifleman heritage, don't you know... ca ching...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So bring you 6 dollars and touch it off twice... sounds fair....

Jediagh, I did find some israeli IMI 149 gr. FMJ 30.06 down there already loaded up in a En-block if you want to shoot a old war horse... I kind of think every red blooded american should get a chance to shoot the Garand... one of the finer rifles of our cherished American Rifleman heritage, don't you know... ca ching...

Thanks GB! I'll just like to shoot off 2 to 3 rounds and hear the PLING of the "en-block" pop out. About 2 years ago I was able to pick one up to feel how heavy it was and wow is it heavy.

Now it's time for the elmo night night sound here cause the little ones are off to bed. Enjoy all!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdHHOr1kJ8M"]YouTube - Andrea Bocelli s Lullabye To Elmo Sesame Street With Lyrics[/ame]

It's a spoof of this song
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0HPuzM3io&feature=related"]YouTube - Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman - Time To Say Goodbye[/ame]

Now let me get off before I get hit for getting off topic yet again. :D

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Alright, I'm going cold turkey from the 1911s for now. No time to get ammo and it's too damned expensive anyway. Wifey will get me a case and a box of cigars for Christmas ao I'll be good next year. I have hundreds of 7.62x39 and some 54R so hell, I'll bring the junky old Mosins (no, Mosins are not junky, my Mosins are junky, and I love them). I'll have the .22s. Wifey will be showing me up with the lever action per usual--she's a much better shot. There's an M&P 22 or a Ruger SR-22 in her future (probably the Ruger because she really liked shooting it). I'll try to dig something else up.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Alright, I'm going cold turkey from the 1911s for now. No time to get ammo and it's too damned expensive anyway. Wifey will get me a case and a box of cigars for Christmas . . . blah . . . blah . . . blah

I'll bring you 1 extra 45acp round. Just 1. That way you can at least try my new (to me) Combat Master.

By the way, CigarBob is coming Sunday too . . . I talked with him Friday . . . he is planning to bring cigars with him . . . if your wife is sneaky she can get you a whole bunch of cigars as long as you are not picky about what goes under the Christmas tree.

It's getting better ... forecast is now for a high of 39, not the mid 40's from a few days ago.
    I hope someone else brings a space blanket for Jediagh's drama kit.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    I'll bring you 1 extra 45acp round. Just 1. That way you can at least try my new (to me) Combat Master.

By the way, CigarBob is coming Sunday too . . . I talked with him Friday . . . he is planning to bring cigars with him . . . if your wife is sneaky she can get you a whole bunch of cigars as long as you are not picky about what goes under the Christmas tree.

Yes, yes, yes, I'd love to pop the new Combat Master. Maybe if there's a break in the action you can show me the visual difference between a single-piece barrel and a two-piece--a promotion might be coming up and if so, a Detonics goes to the top of the list, so I'll need to know.

It will be good to see CigarBob and everyone else again, too.

We're really looking forward to tomorrow.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    A FAL is going to be onsite... cool... another one I got sitting collecting dust as the ammo is just to expensive to shoot on a regular basis.... Is it a true FN or one of the other many derivatives... Israeli, DSA, Coonan, G1, SA, Imbel, etc... Their awesome rifles to shoot, Jediagh another one you should pull the trigger on of course...

Melensdad, I'm bringing the Saiga 12 for Jediagh's drama kit... after talking to him the other day... between the shells he's bringing and the ones I'm bringing for the Saiga 12 it will suffice as a range heater in more ways than one... LOL... Should be able to cook on that thing after that session, so no reason for a space blanket....

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Thank you Jediagh, for sending me the reminder. I just started a separate thread, trying to get some other guys from here in Elkhart county to do a road trip for this event, since it's the last one this year.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ingo_meet_and_shoot_sunday_14_nov_2010_a.html

edit: I just sent profile messages to anyone I could think of that lives in around here, and I'm hoping we will get a group together.
    Well I didn't get any takers to come along, so I guess I'll try again in the spring.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom