Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2023
    NW Indiana
    I don't know of any.

Used to be a great one in Hammond.
    They moved, and then it sucked.
    Then they closed.

Used to be one on Summit, in Crown Point.
    But they were small, and never got enough business, so closed.
    Fellas in Valpo was good, but they closed
    Oh man, Fetlas, blast from the past! I remember going there as a kid and the go-karts hanging from the ceiling. That place was fantastic!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    From their rules:
    "Only current members in good standing and their dependents may use the range. No guests are allowed on the range as shooters or observers".
    The range is their lowest priority and is very dependent on chapter activities when it can be used. Kind of sucks.
    When did happen?

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    The one most of the members belong to welcomes visitors.
    I have actually began not to like the place anymore due to the same reasons I left 15 years ago. May not rejoin for next year and think about Glenn Park. Griffith has the lakes and that's about it. Very cliquish even if you do volunteer work that they always
    ask for. Told some of the grumpy old guys they have big egos and small penises.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    T
    I have actually began not to like the place anymore due to the same reasons I left 15 years ago. May not rejoin for next year and think about Glenn Park. Griffith has the lakes and that's about it. Very cliquish even if you do volunteer work that they always
    ask for. Told some of the grumpy old guys they have big egos and small penises.
    Thus why jedi never joined. Went to a few on the meetings to get info, talked to some peeps but it seems like an old high school social club that did not want new comers. This was about 12 years ago.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Hey NWIers - Are there any Amy-Navy surplus type stores in the area? There had been one local, but since closed. They're great to shop at. Perhaps there's some decent on-line stores out there. I really do not want to go the Amazon route yet again for everything.
    It’s over the thin red line but there’s the bunker on ridge in Lansing, nothing like the old Hammond one but it’s close. Only one I really enjoyed is south in Bedford, In. Really cool stuff, great people, firearms sales and ffl.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    T

Thus why jedi never joined. Went to a few on the meetings to get info, talked to some peeps but it seems like an old high school social club that did not want new comers. This was about 12 years ago.
    Agreed, my brother used to be a member there, but he fit in with them, the amount of $20k plus shotguns he owns is crazy. Love my Shelby chapter, just a bunch of old hillbilly’s

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Agreed, my brother used to be a member there, but he fit in with them, the amount of $20k plus shotguns he owns is crazy. Love my Shelby chapter, just a bunch of old hillbilly’s
    I often think about Shelby for the range. I like Glenn Park but they got rid of the outdoor range due to unforeseen circumstances.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Hey NWIers - Are there any Amy-Navy surplus type stores in the area? There had been one local, but since closed. They're great to shop at. Perhaps there's some decent on-line stores out there. I really do not want to go the Amazon route yet again for everything.
    The Crown Point gun show sometimes has some good stuff, but it's hit or miss. I usually just pick up different caps (hats)-- camo ones and foreign ones and kinds with pretty shiny things on them. I have a very small head, and I can usually find one that is too small for everyone else and get it for a buck or two. (But then I don't wear them because they are authentic and usually foreign, and I worry about stolen valor. since I don't know what the stripes, badges, crests, etc mean.)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    42 minutes to Shelby Izaak Walton.

I just canceled my membership to Range USA because I never get there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom