Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Cancelled my trip to Purdue tonight. 80 mile drive, we are in the 3" to 5" area, but even Purdue is supposed to get 2-3". So an 80 mile drive on rural highways (US41/SR52) with farm fields blowing snow onto the roadway doesn't seem too prudent. Especially since tonights practice ends at MIDNIGHT. Its 90 minutes home in good conditions, but at 1am I don't want to be on the side of the road in blowing and drifting trying to walk to Fowler or Kentland looking for a place to stay warm.
    Uber⁴WD

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'll play weatherman.

Fridays weather could bring some snow. We're expecting somewhere between 0 and 20" of snow, or rain. Hell, might be hail. Hurry and run to store to stock up on milk, eggs, and bread. While you're there get some TP too. Could see temps anywhere from -30 to + 100° To tell the truth, we actually don't have a ****ing clue and your better off to just see what happens rather than make plans around my forecast

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I'll play weatherman.

Fridays weather could bring some snow. We're expecting somewhere between 0 and 20" of snow, or rain. Hell, might be hail. Hurry and run to store to stock up on milk, eggs, and bread. While you're there get some TP too. Could see temps anywhere from -30 to + 100° To tell the truth, we actually don't have a ****ing clue and your better off to just see what happens rather than make plans around my forecast
    100°
    Time to bust out the lime green speedos. You're welcome.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Got my results back already. Lumbar MRI showed bulging disks and degenerative arthritis. Brain MRI did not look bad, but an incidental finding was that my carotids are "tortuous" and aneurysm cannot be excluded without further testing. Tomorrow when I get my cervical and thoracic MRI's, they will also do an MRA (magnetic resonance angiogram) of my carotids.
    That sounds.... fun.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Took the dog out this morning. Maybe 3 inches here in Portage, blowing deeper in other areas. Looks like east of us in Michigan City and LaPorte are getting more snow. Weather people have a boring job 95% of the time. So when they get a chance to elaborate.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Drove the little yapper dog (we call her Jedi*) into town to get a clip & bath. Roads are just OK, but plenty of slippery spots.

In town for 10 minutes and saw a low speed accident at a stop light.

* we'd never do that to a dog we like, but I said it was a little yapper dog

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Since we love complaining about deliveries here you’ll love this. Amazon delivery at 630 this morning, pulled in the drive, completely ignoring the house (where there’s a lighted sign saying delivery’s to the front door) drove through the yard, over the landscaping that’s 12-15” tall, hit my truck mirror and proceeded 500’ to our pole barn where they left my package. Then drove back through the yard, hit my mirror again and left in a BIG hurry when the garage door opened. Looks like I’ll be chatting with the claims dept later

Attachments

• IMG_9610.jpeg
      IMG_9610.jpeg
      258.8 KB · Views: 14
    • IMG_9611.jpeg
      IMG_9611.jpeg
      448.7 KB · Views: 13
    • IMG_9615.png
      IMG_9615.png
      473.8 KB · Views: 13
    • IMG_9616.png
      IMG_9616.png