• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Could it be that Glocks are reaching the point of market saturation? :dunno:

honestly, I think it is because glock has not done anything innovative in like 10 years. and they have been trailing the innovation of the M&P since it was introduced. Glock has to learn that they can't just stick with the same old same old, they have to come up with something new. Their name will only get them so far now that there are real competitors. And they are losing ground everyday.

People come in everyday and they say they want a glock, till I show them the competitive options. And only twice in 8 days has someone still stuck with glock after seeing the M&P I show them and the CZ. Actually I have sold twice as many CZ's as I have sold glocks, man glock really is falling behind.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    honestly, I think it is because glock has not done anything innovative in like 10 years. and they have been trailing the innovation of the M&P since it was introduced. Glock has to learn that they can't just stick with the same old same old, they have to come up with something new. Their name will only get them so far now that there are real competitors. And they are losing ground everyday.

People come in everyday and they say they want a glock, till I show them the competitive options. And only twice in 8 days has someone still stuck with glock after seeing the M&P I show them and the CZ. Actually I have sold twice as many CZ's as I have sold glocks, man glock really is falling behind.

I'm sure you show them all of the options, from CZ to S&W to XD, to XDm. And to be honest if I was just starting out I would more than likely pick an M&P. The only thing that stops me right now is I am invested in my XD's. From the holsters to the mags. Not sure I am willing to make the same investment in M&P's right now. By this I mean both full size as well as compacts in multiple calibers as well as holsters.

This time next year I may be singing a different tune mind you.....:dunno:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You know, for working in Gary usually 5 days a week, I have yet to be shot at directly or threatened. Bad things do happen on occasion, but I figured that in three months I would have seen something worse. The only real thing I came across was we went to a house and the cops told us to leave because they were going to investigate the stolen car in the driveway. It is kind of a let down...

If you're at the steelyard (the railcats stadium), look north, that's where I work.
    I've worked there 20 years, not been shot on the way there.
    Gary has it's problems.
    But mostly, people blow them out of proportion.
    Used to be murder capital, one year.
    Not now. For that, look at Chicago.

Not saying I'd be walking in the industrial district at 2 AM. But name an industial district in a major city that you can say that.

Did anyone read about this?
    Police on heels of Merrillville bank robbery suspect; car found in Glen Park : Merrillville

That's where I grocery shop, and bank at.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My condolances.

I stopped counting after the 7th or 9th one I had.
    Fortuantely they've slowed down by following a diet and drinking a lot of fluids.

I used to have them every year. Mine also slowed to a near stop by changing diet, etc too.

Still sucks.

I've got an appointment tomorrow afternoon to see what can be done. In the mean time I'm pounding down water.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Spent part of the day finally installing LED lights in my Mom's car. I bought them in February.
    Blue LEDs for the dome light.
    Multi-color lights where the feet go.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey were over 5000, what happened.... ?

well I'm not known to be normal anyway... on the whole Glock thing... I like 1911A1's, Beretta's, and revolvers.... Something with the whole striker design gives me a unsettled feeling... especially when the dang thing is sitting in a Miami Vice style shoulder rig and I'm looking down the barrel....

I know of someone else that just bought another Glock.... oh well... I might have to do some poster shots with them to compliment a KRISS or something... but only to complete the picture and all...

Oh, I like Lugers and Highpowers too but couldn't afford the dang Lugers...

Melensdad... get well soon, I want to shoot your 6.5 next weekend, oh that sounded rough didn't it... wheres the purple color when you need it....

black label

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Hobart
    [QUOTE=gunbunnies;3295104

I know of someone else that just bought another Glock.... oh well... I might have to do some poster shots with them to compliment a KRISS or something... but only to complete the picture and all...

Hey I know the guy you're talking about.:D
    I shot the 17 at three gun today, and did the best I ever have at the pistol portions. Now I have 2 glocks, to go with the Kriss.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Sorry, I'm not posting in a thread that insults my faith.

Continue with this thread.

Melensdad... get well soon, I want to shoot your 6.5 next weekend, oh that sounded rough didn't it... wheres the purple color when you need it....
    My plan is not to be in pain for a whole week.

By the way, the meet and shoot is in 2 weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom