NWI INGO General Post - Part 23 - Its ffffaaarrr 2 go anywhere, pink banjos and raccoon sticker glocks

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone tried out a new Ford Maverick?
    I looked at it when I was buying.

By the time I had it optioned up the way I would have wanted it (King Ranch, technology, etc) the price was over $42,000. And the cabin actually is pretty cheap looking (even with the Kings Ranch package) and also pretty small.

Same price, I got a loaded 2022 Honda Ridgeline, with a much nicer interior, larger bed, and I get an honest 22.6 miles per gallon as my average fuel economy.

A 2wd hybrid Maverick gets great fuel economy but the AWD is just average economy. AWD is a must for me. The Maverick would be much easier to park, but the Ridgeline is easier to park, much nicer interior, more luxury and far better fuel economy than my old Nissan Frontier.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    Frontier sucks

Credit card machine quit working today. Called the bank and run diagnostics. Nothing on their end. Call Frontier. They do an automated system reboot. Lose all wifi and phones. On hold for 30 minutes. Get disconnected. Call back. Try a reboot again. Nothing. Schedule a tech between 1 and 5pm. Will get a call and text 1/2 hour before they arrive. Nothing. Just get a text that sorry but couldn't make it. Rescheduled for 1/9. How the **** am I suppose to run a buisness with no phones or credit card machine for 2 weeks.

Ugh. I need a vacation

That's because they're running off of equipment that was there when GTE was the service provider. The old man worked for GTE then Verizon when they bought out GTE and luckily he retired right about the time Frontier took over. They don't invest in their infrastructure.

Had a problem at our house when we still lived in Hobart and one of Dad's buddies snagged the call. He came out and checked our end and then ran to the office over on 3rd St. When he got back he apologized for being gone so long, he had to find a shelf that
    1. worked and 2. wasn't in use by another customer. Kinda robbing Peter to pay Pete and screw Paul, he can get his own.

He said he couldn't remember the last time he saw anything new, equipment-wise. This was 10-ish years ago, can't imagine it's gotten better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom