• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Getting ready to fly home to thug land from San Antonio.

Gas is $3.80 in San Antonio.
    Truck made it's way all the way down to half a tank yesterday... After pump stopped at $100, I had to use card again for about $25 more to fill it. Glad I passed the 5.09 with 10¢ get upside credit, for the 4.99 with 19¢ get upside credit (diesel). Usually if I pass a pump the next one is higher priced...

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, the technology I have seen come and go...
    1904-11-16_WrightFlyerII_OrvilleWright.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Spent Saturday in West Lafayette, IN at Purdue University. Purdue Fencing hosted their annual SPRING OPEN fencing tournament with roughly 80 people entered in the 3 events. I've been guest coaching for the Purdue team since January of this year because they currently don't have a team coach. So I go there as often as I can, on Sunday afternoon for their practice. I was coaching the Purdue saber fencers in the event. There were quite a few fencers from my fencing club that attended. I didn't formally count but I'd guess we had 15 or 16 competitors attend from our club.

In the Saber event 11 of the TOP 16 finishers were either members of my club or were Purdue fencers, with one of the Purdue fencers earning the 2nd place/Silver Medal in the event.

Today has been doing fun stuff like changing water filters, vacuuming the house, and otherwise getting ready to pick up our part-time foster son to come back home to stay with us for a few days.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Mama Snap went boom on the floor in the middle of the night. I had to call 911 because I couldn't get her up. Nothing broken, just some bruises and strained muscles. Getting old (and being the caregiver of someone old) is no joke. I am SO thankful that she has escaped serious injury. No broken hips, etc., despite having severe osteoporosis. Could have sworn we had a pray smiley. This will have to do. :bow:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I remember seeing a TI 5 function calculator at a Electronics store in Milwaukee before getting my Pre-Enlistment physical in 1974 --- $400
    My Dad's was a TI-10 which he got for a Christmas gift from my grandmother. IIRC, they retailed for about $100 at that time.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Mama Snap went boom on the floor in the middle of the night. I had to call 911 because I couldn't get her up. Nothing broken, just some bruises and strained muscles. Getting old (and being the caregiver of someone old) is no joke. I am SO thankful that she has escaped serious injury. No broken hips, etc., despite having severe osteoporosis. Could have sworn we had a pray smiley. This will have to do. :bow:
    I'm glad she is ok. My 86 y/o father has been falling too frequently the past several months. We are moving him into assisted living at his place in Ohio on Thursday. It's more because of his mental decline than anything physical but I'm hoping the added help will reduce his risk of falling.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm glad she is ok. My 86 y/o father has been falling too frequently the past several months. We are moving him into assisted living at his place in Ohio on Thursday. It's more because of his mental decline than anything physical but I'm hoping the added help will reduce his risk of falling.
    Yeah. My mom will be 89 in a couple of weeks and I'll be 60 in July. I am starting to think about some sort of assisted living situation where we could both live. I am getting to the point where I can no longer handle a 4-bedroom house, two dogs, Mom and her issues (both physical and cognitive) and my own health issues.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Yeah. My mom will be 89 in a couple of weeks and I'll be 60 in July. I am starting to think about some sort of assisted living situation where we could both live. I am getting to the point where I can no longer handle a 4-bedroom house, two dogs, Mom and her issues (both physical and cognitive) and my own health issues.
    These retirement communities that are popping up everywhere typically offer independent living, assisted living and full nursing care. My parents started with independent living. My mom is gone now and we moved my Dad to a smaller independent living arrangement in the main building last year so he would have less to maintain and be closer to services. Now, he is in need of assisted living.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm glad it was nothing serious.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry for the awkward oversharing, guys. Can't share this stuff on Facebook.
    I'm not a regular here in this thread but I can understand where you're coming from through my own experience taking care of my mother for the last four years of her life and I know how challenging it can be. Hopefully things will work out for you and your mother, and I'll offer up a prayer for both of you. (couldn't find a prayer emoji either)

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I spent a couple of hours at Willow Slough shooting range today. First time shooting outdoors since New Year's eve day. Shot my new Henry 22LR on paper and now I can file down the new front site I put on it to the correct height. Also shot some 45 Colt and 357 Magnum hand loads over a chronograph to see how they look.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I spent a couple of hours at Willow Slough shooting range today. First time shooting outdoors since New Year's eve day. Shot my new Henry 22LR on paper and now I can file down the new front site I put on it to the correct height. Also shot some 45 Colt and 357 Magnum hand loads over a chronograph to see how they look.
    I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say they looked like 45 colt and 357 magnums…..lol

CheeseRat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2021
    NWI
    Sorry for the awkward oversharing, guys. Can't share this stuff on Facebook.
    Sometimes it's just good to vent and you're among friends here. Shout if you need anything.
    I do believe you may be the only one thinking it went "over". In thoughts and prayers, just don't bring up that slap I keep hearing too much about...
    PS F facebook

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I appreciate the kind words, guys. (We used to have a group hug smiley. Must have lost it in the move to the new forum.)

Reactions: KLB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom