• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I remember my grandparents saving me all the free AOL disc's from the Hammond times.

They'd give you like 75 hours of online browsing..

I told you all, the millennials had it all...

I saw the end of VHS and audio tapes and have recorded songs off the radio onto tapes.

I witnessed the birth and death of DVD.

I know how to dial down the center

I was T9 texting when it was $0.50/text

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I remember my grandparents saving me all the free AOL disc's from the Hammond times.

I saw the end of VHS and audio tapes and have recorded songs off the radio onto tapes.

I remember when 8 track cartridge tape was the thing then cassette tape was a game changer until compact disk came along. I also witnessed the whole start of the VHS vs. Betamax war. VHS won of course.

Last edited:

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I remember when 8 track cartridge tape was the thing then cassette tape was a game changer until compact disk came along. I also witnessed the whole start of the VHS vs. Betamax war. VHS won of course.
    Seemed like every kid with a car had a Pioneer 8 track that came from K-Mart. My friend's dad had a reel to reel audio tape player which was the only one I have ever seen. I also remember my Dad getting one of the first Texas Instruments handheld calculators that did about 5 basic math functions.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Seemed like every kid with a car had a Pioneer 8 track that came from K-Mart. My friend's dad had a reel to reel audio tape player which was the only one I have ever seen. I also remember my Dad getting one of the first Texas Instruments handheld calculators that did about 5 basic math functions.
    Yep. I was one of those kids. I also remember having a portable Panasonic 8 track tape player that looked like a TNT plunger detonator and I remember those Texas Instruments calculators along with Intelivision game consoles.

1648987843420.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Intellivision was advanced stuff.
    Yes, at the time. The rudimentary baseball game where there were pretty much just blips on a screen was me and my brother's favorite game to play.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :coffee:
    397b468ada437e02222c843e7c068dcb9c3545b0.jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Yes, at the time. The rudimentary baseball game where there were pretty much just blips on a screen was me and my brother's favorite game to play.

The first game I remember was Pong. Didn't get much time to play. My ironworker dad from Southern Alabama prefered us to be out in the garden hoeing corn or beans.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The first game I remember was Pong. Didn't get much time to play. My ironworker dad from Southern Alabama prefered us to be out in the garden hoeing corn or beans.

We had Atari Pong and then later got a newer Atari system that you bought different games for. My brothers and I spent a lot of time playing Defender. After I left home for school, that was the end of my gaming days and I never got into it after that.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI

I felt this hard. I've seen the birth and death of so much tech that had major influence on life for over decades.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    ... I also remember my Dad getting one of the first Texas Instruments handheld calculators that did about 5 basic math functions.

I remember seeing a TI 5 function calculator at a Electronics store in Milwaukee before getting my Pre-Enlistment physical in 1974 --- $400

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom