NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What's the on duty/off duty schedule for the crew when a sub is at sea?
    Depends on the department/division, and depends on the manning level.
    Reactor Controls Division was always undermanned on my sub.
    We had two watch stations, Reactor Operator and Machinery 2. So, with 7 in the division, we had the chief who stood a supervisory watch, and then we had 3 section duty for both RO and AMR2.

3 section duty means, 6 hours on watch, 6 hours of (maintenance/recreation/casualty assistance team), and then 6 hours of sleep.

But, we often didn't have 3 qualified ROs. So, that means 2 section duty. 6 hours on, 6 hours off.
    Except, when you're off, you're not "off".
    Most of the RC div maintenance can only be done by a qualified RO. So, if you only have two RO qualified... one is on watch, one is doing maintenance. And you sleep when you can.

Then, when you throw in drills and emergencies...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    We had two watch stations, Reactor Operator and Machinery 2. So, with 7 in the division, we had the chief who stood a supervisory watch, and then we had 3 section duty for both RO and AMR2.

3 section duty means, 6 hours on watch, 6 hours of (maintenance/recreation/casualty assistance team), and then 6 hours of sleep.

But, we often didn't have 3 qualified ROs. So, that means 2 section duty. 6 hours on, 6 hours off.
    Most of the RC div maintenance can only be done by a qualified RO. So, if you only have two RO qualified... one is on watch, one is doing maintenance. And you sleep when you can.

With all that said, it was better than the job you just left. :)

(except for the pay)

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart

I'm glad I was a pilot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey @actaeon277 i saw someone say you were recovering from chyna-virus, Last I saw you had a sore throat, was it the wu-flu or no idea? Either way, glad you’re recovered!!!

As far as I know, it was just a sore throat.
    But, some people said, that's all many are getting from the omicron variant.
    So, who knows?
    I didn't get a test.
    I was home a couple weeks with no contact anyway.
    I had a sore throat at work my last day. So, maybe I got everyone sick?
    Then again, I don't really deal with people at work.
    I did say goodbye. Don't know if saying goodbye to someone then walking away would get them sick.
    I actually wore a mask my last day, just cause I didn't want to give anyone a sore throat.

GRAVES219

Black Rifles Matter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 30, 2021
    Hobart
    Ate dinner and living the dream. Kid is playing with Legos and watching Star Wars. No pink or raccoons, so I'm safe. Contemplating working on hanging up all my memorabilia in the basement. Got everything back from getting framed that are beyond my pay grade.
    Frames really are wildly expensive and I have no idea why

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    How is everyone else tonight
    Finished up another week and now home for a three day weekend. My boss came up from Memphis this week to talk to a couple of guys who have ambitions to replace me when I retire on 4/15. It's for real now and I'm kinda past the point of no return. Looking forward to it more and more each day now. I said goodbye to a guy in Production I have known for 30+ years who retired as of 0700 this morning.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Finished up another week and now home for a three day weekend. My boss came up from Memphis this week to talk to a couple of guys who have ambitions to replace me when I retire on 4/15. It's for real now and I'm kinda past the point of no return. Looking forward to it more and more each day now. I said goodbye to a guy in Production I have known for 30+ years who retired as of 0700 this morning.
    Saying goodbye was the hardest part of my last day

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom