NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    1.5" of rain here. Had to pick up a few small sticks. The wife woke up the to warning. I slept right through it, which is odd, since I'm usually a light sleeper. Must have been pretty tired.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Some small branches down but nothing major
    Did fold over a few of my tomato plants though :xmad:
    I had mine pretty well staked, so no damage. Three of mine are still really short. Tried a new (to me) variety called Super Fantastic. The plants are short but the blossoms are the biggest, brightest I've ever seen.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Power out in Cal Township for the fifth time in less than one week. Lost power for a few hours yesterday and then again about 12:30 am.

OK here otherwise.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Hope you guys all got through the storm without much trouble.

I collected 1.1 inches of rain in my gauge. My trees were rocking but we didn't have any damage from the winds. My garden plants and potted vegetables got roughed up a little but they will be ok. I had staked up some pepper plants earlier in the evening and am glad that I did.

We have had some leaking casement window problems on the west side of the house over the past year which resulted in water pouring in from the top of the sash on several first floor windows and also some infiltration into the basement. I did some repairs last Fall and this was the second bad storm where I did not have any leaks so I think that problem is solved.

I was up checking windows around 12:30 when a nearby bolt of lightning and the thunderclap triggered my security system alarm. That and my son getting anxious about a possible tornado provided more excitement than I care for after midnight.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    1.5" of rain here. Had to pick up a few small sticks. The wife woke up the to warning. I slept right through it, which is odd, since I'm usually a light sleeper. Must have been pretty tired.

Someone up thread posted a picture. Maybe a coincidence though. :)

1624279839798.png

Attachments

• 1624279844404.png
      1624279844404.png
      6.9 MB · Views: 1

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I had mine pretty well staked, so no damage. Three of mine are still really short. Tried a new (to me) variety called Super Fantastic. The plants are short but the blossoms are the biggest, brightest I've ever seen.
    Had my plants staked real well to but only to the 4ft mark. Several of the plants were about 5 1/2ft already and had tons of tomatoes on them. Worse case I'll lose a couple plants but I did have 14 so it wont be to bad overall

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Had my plants staked real well to but only to the 4ft mark. Several of the plants were about 5 1/2ft already and had tons of tomatoes on them. Worse case I'll lose a couple plants but I did have 14 so it wont be to bad overall
    Wow, you must have gotten yours in a lot sooner than I did. My tallest are only a couple of feet tall. I did buy smaller plants this year and also got them in two weeks late. I've only got tomatoes on one plant, and it's my True Value Mystery Tomato. I ended up with room for one more plant, so I ran around the corner to True Value and bought the biggest, healthiest plant they had, but there was no label on it.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Light rain through NEI along I 80to Ohio, from 8 -12 stopped in Milan for a nap.

Nearing Youngstown.

Going to the best place to be FROM.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Great looking kids Marvin. Beautiful surroundings, too.

Thanks, that's the small lake at the Mason, Ohio community center. They can catch really small bluegill about one per minute, which is the kind of fishing they like. At least now they bait the hooks and take most of the fish off. The fished for two hours Sunday. That's a record for them staying interested.

Breakfast at Bob Evans after, they don't order from the kids menu anymore and eat like lumberjacks.

Great time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wow, you must have gotten yours in a lot sooner than I did. My tallest are only a couple of feet tall. I did buy smaller plants this year and also got them in two weeks late. I've only got tomatoes on one plant, and it's my True Value Mystery Tomato. I ended up with room for one more plant, so I ran around the corner to True Value and bought the biggest, healthiest plant they had, but there was no label on it.
    Started from seed in March then into the greenhouse in late April and finally planted the weekend before Memorial Day. They had a nice head start

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom