NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Saw that hot sauce the other day at the Ace Hardware store on 93rd and Broadway. Let me know how it is.
    Tried out 2 of the 3 flavors I got on tacos. Grunt Green (Green Cayenne pepper) is perfect if you dont want a lot of heat, but great flavor. (Labeled as mild)

Shock & Awe (Habanero pepper) now that's got some bite to it. Strong flavor with hint of garlic. (Labeled as very hot)

Yet to try Dead Red (Red Cayenne) but thinking some wings for this one (labeled as Medium)

I know when I get thru these I'm going to try the Danger Close (red cayenne and habanero) Sounds like it'll be good (labeled as hot)

Heres a link to their website. All american sourced and veteran owned.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The fireworks store at US 30 and Pine Island gets my vote for the best display out in front. I'm surprised it was still standing at 6:30 this morning after that storm last night.

DAE535A1-9347-4F00-8E47-E732C42E9599_1_105_c.jpeg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The fireworks store at US 30 and Pine Island gets my vote for the best display out in front. I'm surprised it was still standing at 6:30 this morning after that storm last night.

View attachment 144827
    My next door neighbors had just bought one of those fancy $200-300 backyard canopies and put it up Saturday. It was spaghetti this morning. :(

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The neighbor girls (one in college, the other 1st year out) inquired about guns because they each want to get one and carry (her boyfriend just relieved his LTCH), but aren't sure where to start. I'm on it! We will get together next week.

This also makes me happy as I have a personal goal of introducing a minimum of 4 people per year into the 2A world. Already took one friend under my win this year.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Good for you, I would not of let redacted back in. People are such a-holes driving anymore.

Well, I was a bit concerned.
    Various cars in the "break down" lane were doing some stupid things from route 6 to 61st.
    One passenger got out to yell at the person in front blocking him from going forward.

So, my hand was on my holster.
    Just
    In
    Case.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I don't know if it helps, but they make a post like a spike, and you pound it in the ground.
    There's also metal ones that wrap around a 4×4 and clamp to it. Used those for a arbor in the backyard. If you use these use a 12" hunk and drive them into ground then place your good post in and clamp down

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't know if it helps, but they make a post like a spike, and you pound it in the ground.
    That's the kind we had before the neighbor hit the box, so I was going to just put the same kind again. Right now I can't even swing a hammer, so I'm thinking if I have to have someone else do it, I might as well have it set in concrete.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    We had our power flicker then not even 5 seconds later the alerts come over the phones. Made sure another brother of mine was aware as storms were headed his way. Wife seen trees down on her way home, but my way to the train station I didn't see too much.
    At least it cooled down some.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    That's the kind we had before the neighbor hit the box, so I was going to just put the same kind again. Right now I can't even swing a hammer, so I'm thinking if I have to have someone else do it, I might as well have it set in concrete.
    Von Tobel's sells a concrete mailbox base. It weighs about 40 pounds and if it is knocked over all you have to do is lean it back up again

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom