NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have had a gut feeling all along that he was near water... in a pool :( something like that. Then I heard his mother this morning say he loved the water. I do not think this will end well.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I can't decide if I want another M1A, a CMMG Banshee in 10mm or a B&T APC10. Only the last two I can actually find in stock right now.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I have a mower, Weedeater, Trimmer, blower, chainsaw, tiller, and edger. I love them all. All the power of the gas ones I used to have, with no maintenance, no heat, and a lot less noise.
    I have been looking at these E GO tools lately. They are kind of expensive and the reviews are mixed. It's good to hear from some satisfied owners. I'm assuming that cost will come down and power/reliability will improve with time. My gas powered stuff still runs fine but when it finally breaks or wears out, I will most likely make the switch.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just bought the EGO string trimmer & blower. Lowes has them on sale right now. Just like using the corded ones, without the cords. Not as much power as a gas string trimmer, but got the job done.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I just bought the EGO string trimmer & blower. Lowes has them on sale right now. Just like using the corded ones, without the cords. Not as much power as a gas string trimmer, but got the job done.
    I don't know. I have rough land, and between the string trimmer and the hedge trimmer attachment, there is not much I can't cut down.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have been looking at these E GO tools lately. They are kind of expensive and the reviews are mixed. It's good to hear from some satisfied owners. I'm assuming that cost will come down and power/reliability will improve with time. My gas powered stuff still runs fine but when it finally breaks or wears out, I will most likely make the switch.
    My neighbor bought a bunch too after using mine.

The key is to have multiple batteries. The larger devices come with larger batteries and quicker chargers. That charger can fully charge a battery in the time it takes me to drain the same size.

Batteries are EXPENSIVE if you buy them. If you get one with a device though, they are pretty cheap. For instance, I think my chainsaw was $50 more than just the battery it came with was by itself. I ended up with a 7.5Ah, a 5Ah, and two 2.5Ah batteries, which has covered anything I needed to do.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    When we bought the house, my father told me to go out and buy a lithium impact driver and drill -- he has corded at home but uses lithium powered at work. I stuck with just my corded drill for most of the kitchen tear out and rebuild and then it died. Took his advice then. Should have listened the first time, as per usual.

Impact, drill, blower, string trimmer now and 4 batteries and it's great.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    When we bought the house, my father told me to go out and buy a lithium impact driver and drill -- he has corded at home but uses lithium powered at work. I stuck with just my corded drill for most of the kitchen tear out and rebuild and then it died. Took his advice then. Should have listened the first time, as per usual.

Impact, drill, blower, string trimmer now and 4 batteries and it's great.
    *Don't have EGO brand, but I just had instinct against the battery power ones for whatever reason.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Think about all of those little African kids digging that poisonous lithium for your batteries.

I have gone through literally dozens of them and have about a dozen now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom