Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is what you have when living out in the sticks. City Dweller that you are.

correct.
    i don't mind seeing raccoons, deer, etc.. when i visit klb or winamac as im goibg into THEIR territory. animals need a pace to live as well.

what i do mind is when said animals come to my place north of us30! they got their own home!!

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I dnaed my dog

FKyLp8R.png

https://imgur.com/gallery/0GaqsXS

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    correct.
    i don't mind seeing raccoons, deer, etc.. when i visit klb or winamac as im goibg into THEIR territory. animals need a pace to live as well.

what i do mind is when said animals come to my place north of us30! they got their own home!!

Jeesh I must really be a thug. I grew up in Whiting and never saw a wild raccoon (outside of a zoo) until I moved to Munster. I thought I was transformed into a enhanced flora and fauna, country gentleman.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    They said the mom was GSD and chow chow... not so much, may be a bit in the herding breed group. They were from the middle of IL, Dana. IMO Mom and Dad were probably cousins, that would explain a lot. Beagle was definitely a surprise, but makes a lot of sense in hindsight.

Lumpy76

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 9, 2011
    Hebron
    Is anyone a member or former member of the Glen Park Izaak Walton Club in Merrilville? What do you think of it? Pistol range OK?

I have been in contact with them and as soon as I can walk again (foot surgery) I am going to meet the new member secretary on one of their trap days. Close to me and I'm hoping it works out. Would love a place like this.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Is anyone a member or former member of the Glen Park Izaak Walton Club in Merrilville? What do you think of it? Pistol range OK?

I have been in contact with them and as soon as I can walk again (foot surgery) I am going to meet the new member secretary on one of their trap days. Close to me and I'm hoping it works out. Would love a place like this.

Ive been a member for 4 years now. Pistol range serves its purpose. I love that fact that probably 98% of the time you have the place to youreslf. You get up and about id be happy to show ya around on a weekend

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Family Membership for quite a while. Very laid back. Pistol range has a 3 lane shooting station you can roll out of the way and practice holster drawing. Not many places can toute that. Rules are pretty simple. I use the trap range too, but do not use the newer indoor archery range because that is not my thing.
    They email, but if you are on Facebook, that is updated more frequently and faster for things like conditions, closures, events, and such.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom