I hate being Finance Officer.

So, one of the officers at the Post decided to "save us money" and switched our phone to "Birch Communications". And then didn't tell anyone.
    So, I ignore a bill from Birch, because why would I pay a phone bill from a company I've never heard of.
    We get a second bill, and disconnect notice.
    I spend a day on the phone figuring out what happened.
    I have to pay Birch to turn the phone back on, then call AT&T to switch us back.
    We went without a phone for 4 days or so.
    So, I paid a second Birch Bill to catch us up, should be the final bill.
    And I get a notice, says we now owe Birch $1,650 for early termination.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.

I don't know if I should call them and tell them the person that switched us was not authorized to do so and we aren't paying, or if I should try to find a lawyer and ask.
    I wouldn't mind paying for a consult out of my pocket.
    Anyone know a reputable lawyer I could ask?
    Look at this.
    https://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/slamming
    What they did is borderline illegal.

First, you want to do this
    You can ask your local telephone company to place a “freeze” on your account to keep anyone other than you from changing your authorized telephone company selection. After placing a freeze, you must give your local telephone company written or verbal authorization to remove the freeze and change your authorized telephone company

Second,
    If your authorized telephone company has been switched without your permission, call the slamming company and tell it that you want the problem fixed and, under FCC rules, don’t have to pay for the first 30 days of its service. Call your authorized company to inform it of the slam, and that you want to be switched back with the same calling plan you had before the slam. Also, tell your authorized local telephone company that you want all carrier change charges (charges for switching companies) removed from your bill.

This has been going on for a long time. I didn't know it was still happening though,

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Welp....Started the day with LadyGhost at Remus for the omeletfest. Ran into ChefLarry while there. Grabbed a few things at the store then headed to KLB's to get a load of $h!t. Stopped and dropped of a part of a load with LoneHoosier, then went home to finish the job. Once it was done it was time for the paperwork. Drove to the carwash to powerwash the $h!t out of the truck, along with the accumulation of crud from driving to and from work. Now time to relax for a while then it's off to dinner.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Hey every one. Wanted to post here before it hits craigslist...

Selling a craftsman lawn tractor 42" with new battery last fall, Runs great, sometimes needs a quick spray of starting fluid though. Deck needs some tinkering to cut perfectly level. Could be something very simple, haven't even looked to see what's going on... $350

Also, selling a 1985 snapper 24" snkwblower, 2 stage briggs and Stratton. Grandfather paid $999 for this in 1985. Fires right up and runs great, but for some reason the fastest gears don't work. Reverse and 1,2,3,&4 work fine though... Never had a need to go past 3rd gear anyways...$275

They are both in good working order as I just mowed my lawn with the tractor and the last snow fall my snowblower served me well. There's is rust on each one as would be expected, but just surface rust nothing major...

I would be willing to work a great deal out for an ingoer who wants both. (Really don't want to deal with craigs list strangers...) $550 for the pair for an Ingoer. Must be picked up as I don't own a truck or a trailer. Will be home all day Sunday to show these...

Prices are firm as they will be on Craigslist for about 25% more tomorrow. Would consider trades if you have something I need or want...

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If anyone has a lead on a late 70's to late 80's Honda CB motorcycle under 600cc but bigger than 360cc and priced below 1100 in good plus shape let me know. Wife is looking for a bike and she likes the way the CB series fits her.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So what have I missed? Cause I'm going to be lazy Joe and not read all the pages I have missed.
    Plus no clue when I'll be back on again. :crying:

Still need a few more volunteers for the YOUTH DAY.
    Come on people I really need help this year with that and my "social" time is at under 5% this year and about to hit NEGATIVE numbers come end of JUNE. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom