• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    No ya don't,....there's just not a lot going on and we're concerned right along with ya.

Today I irritated my cats. They're 6mos old and hadn't seen snow until a couple of days ago. I started letting them out for an hour before noon and then again for an hour in the afternoon and they're having a blast running around and pushing little snow piles everywhere.

They just started climbing trees with the little black one being the most adventurous and leading the way. The two gray ones follow his lead. On this morning's venture all three had made it up to the top of the evergreen in front of the garage and they were taking turns climbing out onto the limbs attempting to hop to the garage roof. They almost made it and I could see that they'd probably have it figured out by this afternoon, so I,.........

....went out after lunch while they 'rested up' and got the pole saw. Spent fifteen minutes taking the top out of the evergreen and trimming the lower branches away from the garage. They're out there being irritated right now. I'll probably need to think of something again tomorrow to keep ahead of them. Yesterday I had to take down a few shelves in the bathroom to keep them from getting to the highest shelf where the toilet paper is kept. They found a way to make six inches of 'snow' in the bathroom to play in during the night.

Every day it's something new.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Today's road rage bitch.... you're driving through a parking lot and a pedestrian crosses in front of you. They don't just cut straight across. They take the longest diagonal possible so you're waiting 30 seconds for them to cross instead of 5.
    Or the groups that troup down the parking aisle 4 or 5 across and refuse to move to single file when there are cars coming.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Today's road rage bitch.... you're driving through a parking lot and a pedestrian crosses in front of you. They don't just cut straight across. They take the longest diagonal possible so you're waiting 30 seconds for them to cross instead of 5.

That is what these are for...

Just saying

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    No ya don't,....there's just not a lot going on and we're concerned right along with ya.

Today I irritated my cats. They're 6mos old and hadn't seen snow until a couple of days ago. I started letting them out for an hour before noon and then again for an hour in the afternoon and they're having a blast running around and pushing little snow piles everywhere.

They just started climbing trees with the little black one being the most adventurous and leading the way. The two gray ones follow his lead. On this morning's venture all three had made it up to the top of the evergreen in front of the garage and they were taking turns climbing out onto the limbs attempting to hop to the garage roof. They almost made it and I could see that they'd probably have it figured out by this afternoon, so I,.........

....went out after lunch while they 'rested up' and got the pole saw. Spent fifteen minutes taking the top out of the evergreen and trimming the lower branches away from the garage. They're out there being irritated right now. I'll probably need to think of something again tomorrow to keep ahead of them. Yesterday I had to take down a few shelves in the bathroom to keep them from getting to the highest shelf where the toilet paper is kept. They found a way to make six inches of 'snow' in the bathroom to play in during the night.

Every day it's something new.

When I got my recent cat I would let her out under a little supervision. After checking on her I hear meowing but couldn't find
    her. There is a big maple near the garage. Turns out she was on the garage roof and couldn't get down. Had to get the ladder
    and rescue her twice from that roof and couple times from trees in the yard. She's older now and doesn't like to climb unless a
    known friendly dog is around and boy can she still move. She is in her bed behind me snoring very loudly.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    When I got my recent cat I would let her out under a little supervision. After checking on her I hear meowing but couldn't find
    her. There is a big maple near the garage. Turns out she was on the garage roof and couldn't get down. Had to get the ladder
    and rescue her twice from that roof and couple times from trees in the yard. She's older now and doesn't like to climb unless a
    known friendly dog is around and boy can she still move. She is in her bed behind me snoring very loudly.
    She just wasn't motivated enough. Our barn cats jump out of the barn loft from 10-12' up. :):

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I could see exactly that happening. The black one is great,...I can call to him from across the yard and he'll drop whatever he's doing and run to me and jump into my arms. The gray ones, not so much. Whenever I go after them it becomes a game of 'chase me' and I do not win that game. I'm not playing it on the roof of the garage.

Someone once asked me how many cat skeletons I've seen up in trees or on roofs. They can get down,....they would just prefer to make you rescue them.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I was just trying to lighten things up. Every time I post about Mom, I kill the thread.

That actually did happen today in the hospital lot.

We're here for you Ms. Snap, just been real busy lately. Don't think I said it out loud, but best wishes for your momma.

Between work and keeping this guy in line, I stay flat wore out.

Pic #1 is his "I'm getting ready to do destruction on something" look. Pic #2 is us tag-teaming him, trying to wear him out, but he's got some grit:

IMG_7486 (2).JPG

IMG_7493 (2).JPG

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    saw some ingoers at the dinner.
    Nice to see you.
    Sorry I was too busy to visit. Though then I'd talk your ear off instead of letting you eat.
    So, I guess that was actually a win for you.
    :)

That was 4 days of work.
    I hurt.
    Taking muscle relaxer and pain pills.

Fortunately I did get to sit towards the end. Some people came in and relieved us. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom