• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I’ve given 100’s of gallons of used antifreeze to farmers to fill tractor tires. Adds weight, won’t freeze and not detrimental to the tires. And it’s free
    I think more people use antifreeze than anything else. Beet juice is a more recent thing but it also acts like an antifreeze in the cold and is catching on fast. About the only problem with antifreeze is it makes it harder to repair a tire puncture because patches don't stick well because it is slippery.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Money is magic. The more there is the better education is, obviously. Can't you see from the results of the massive amount spent already?
    Turns out it is not the union asking for the tax increase but the school teachers, the union and the administration all want the property tax increase.

Lowell/Tri Creek has been bleeding teachers to other districts. It was once in the top 5 in Lake County for teachers pay, it is now near the bottom. So teachers are leaving, and few are applying for open positions. The website pushing the agenda is crap, currently no specifics, just some bullet points and vague ideals.

A teacher was talking with me tonight, makes a good case for the need for a pay raise and for keeping current teachers. Not sure I'm willing to pay an extra $1000/year for the school system that my family has NEVER used in the 28 years we've lived here. It wasn't good enough when my kid was in school and my wife taught in the system, it is worse now. Maybe that is reason enough to support it? Or maybe that is why we need more charter and Catholic school options?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Turns out it is not the union asking for the tax increase but the school teachers, the union and the administration all want the property tax increase.

Lowell/Tri Creek has been bleeding teachers to other districts. It was once in the top 5 in Lake County for teachers pay, it is now near the bottom. So teachers are leaving, and few are applying for open positions. The website pushing the agenda is crap, currently no specifics, just some bullet points and vague ideals.

A teacher was talking with me tonight, makes a good case for the need for a pay raise and for keeping current teachers. Not sure I'm willing to pay an extra $1000/year for the school system that my family has NEVER used in the 28 years we've lived here. It wasn't good enough when my kid was in school and my wife taught in the system, it is worse now. Maybe that is reason enough to support it? Or maybe that is why we need more charter and Catholic school options?

Schools are worthless

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

I bet the administrators could shed some pay to help increase the teacher pay

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I bet the administrators could shed some pay to help increase the teacher pay
    My kids went thru the Catholic schools. The Catholic schools manage to provide better educations at lower costs per pupil than the public system.

There seem to be fewer layers of administration, more people who actually care, and a lot less nonsense.

I have yet to see a tampon dispenser in a boys bathroom at a Catholic school but I do see them in some of the public schools . . . apparently they don't understand/teach biology in public schools because boys simply can't menstruate!

The Catholic schools emerged from the Covid shut down faster, did a better job of keeping kids in classes too. So paying an extra $1000 a year in property taxes for the public system is really not high on my "to do" list.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Best thing that happened to me in 1994 was mom bought a truck she couldn't afford and had to Take me out of catholic school.

Marked safe from being touched!

Thanks ma!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Best thing that happened to me in 1994 was mom bought a truck she couldn't afford and had to Take me out of catholic school.

Marked safe from being touched!

Thanks ma!
    Statistically greater risk of being 'touched' in the public school system, but as you were edumakated in da pubrik skules I can understand how you might not know the actual data.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Today's road rage bitch.... you're driving through a parking lot and a pedestrian crosses in front of you. They don't just cut straight across. They take the longest diagonal possible so you're waiting 30 seconds for them to cross instead of 5.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Yup. On the rare occasion I let some one walk in front if they do not take the path wisely A to B I will just continue on, sometimes it's very close cut

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Today's road rage bitch.... you're driving through a parking lot and a pedestrian crosses in front of you. They don't just cut straight across. They take the longest diagonal possible so you're waiting 30 seconds for them to cross instead of 5.
    Yup, some types of people seem to be really slow when they are making other people wait for them. Tiny minds.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom