• ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Hi There!

I am a Certified NRA Firearms Instructor and Range Safety Officer, and a student of mine, who lives in Valparaiso, told me about this site.

For anyone interested, on July 18 and 19, Saturday and Sunday, I will have Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home combined. The fee of $225 includes all NRA materials, range fee, lunch on Saturday, plus guns and ammunition.

On Saturday, July 25, Metallic Cartridge Reloading for $95, including all NRA materials.

Happy to talk shooting, and hope I can be of some help and service, and I look forward to meeting some great Indiana shooters!

Bob Aldridge
    260-459-2382

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    What range do you use for your handgun classes? What about rifle and shotgun classes?

Are you a site supporter?

I'll answer your questions in order.

I use the Roush Lake Range DNR range in Huntington for "basic" work and the IDEAL Fish & Game range in Churubusco for "advanced" work, where we can shoot multiple targets, use barricades, shout commands, reload, move and shoot, etc..

Rifle classes on an as-requested basis. There is not as much demand for Basic Rifle as for Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home. I am not NRA certified for Shotgun, as it is primarily sporting clays oriented, which is not my interest. In a non-NRA class for students who have already taken Basic Pistol and Personal Protection, we do go into basic use of the tactical shotgun. Did some of that, yesterday, at IDEAL.

Not, yet, an INDGO site supporter--just started and seeing how it goes. Will, certainly, become a site supporter in the near future, if it seems to work out. So far, so good!

Hope this answers your questions.

Bob Aldridge
    260-459-2382

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Welcome,

I would be interested in the Busco range as I now goto Rouche lake mostly. I would like to get more information about the range at Busco, costs, memberships etc.

Welcome aboard....

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Welcome,

I would be interested in the Busco range as I now goto Rouche lake mostly. I would like to get more information about the range at Busco, costs, memberships etc.

Welcome aboard....

No problem, and thanks!
    IDEAL Fish & Game is right off Highway 33, just 1/4 mile inside the Churubusco city limits, when coming from Fort Wayne. It has a trap/skeet range and a rifle/pistol range that goes out to 100 yards. The only problem is the rifle/pistol range is downrange from the trap/skeet range; so, they can't both be used at the same time. It is, primarily, trap/skeet; so, check the schedules before showing up to shoot rifle/pistol.

Memberships are cheap: $25 per year (which covers family), and you may bring guests. There is, also, a VERY nice range house (courtesy of a generous grant from IN DNR), used primarily by the trap/skeet folks. Bring your own targets and stands for the rifle/pistol range, and be sure to clean up the area after shooting. Observe all gun safety rules, as there is no range master on duty.

From Fort Wayne, IDEAL is exactly 10 miles from the the I-69/33 interchange (exit 109); so, it is not that far, at all. Membership forms are available at Tomlinson's gun shop in Churubusco, or at the range when regularly scheduled trap/skeet shoots are running.

Hope this helps!

Bob Aldridge
    260-459-2382
    rbtaldridge@verizon.net

Top Bottom