• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm on a couple of other forums, jeep wrangler forums to be exact. Anyway, they all have a neat feature that I thought INGO could benefit from. You get a notification when someone quotes/replies to one of your posts.

Anyway INGO could have this feature?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I get an email any time someone posts in a thread that I have posted in or subscribed to. Is that what you mean?

No. I mean when someone quotes your post, you get a notification.

So since I just quoted your post, you will now be notified that someone quoted you.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    They did have that for a very short time a few years ago. If I remember correctly there was no way to shut it off and a lot of people were complaining about it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    INGO software has it. It's turned off though. When they made the last big upgrade, all of a sudden I started getting notifications whenever someone quoted a post, etc. People complained and it got turned off.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm on a couple of other forums, jeep wrangler forums to be exact. Anyway, they all have a neat feature that I thought INGO could benefit from. You get a notification when someone quotes/replies to one of your posts.

Anyway INGO could have this feature?

Can you imagine how many emails the server would be blasting out per millisecond?!

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Good thing I bothered to search before posting, since I was just about to make this suggestion.

I don't know that it would get too crazy, unless INGOers are just way more prolific post quoters than other forums. They have this feature on HKPro and I post a decent amount over there and I don't get flooded by emails (in fact, I really appreciate when I do get the notification so that I know when someone answered a question I posted or a vendor responded).

Though maybe I'm just not popular enough for people to quote me enough to be annoying? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    This was tried very briefly and was:

A.) annoying as ****.

and

B.) resulted in 2 of INGO's most prolific members tragically suffering a temp-ban. :faint:

The floating envelopes were obnoxious.

Top Bottom