• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Allison, thank you for sticking this out and showing what these "good ol' boys" are all about. And also thank you for becoming a part of this forum to help straighten out all the missunderstandings and letting everyone know the truth.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Now you're all complaining about your rights and freedoms being violated. Rightfully so.. Now here's another angle to look at. This just opened another door for criminals. Home invasions to be more specific.

How long do you think it's going to be before Joe ***** head gangbanger comes knocking on your door claiming he's the Police wearing a BDU tactical uniform he picked up at the local surplus store that alot of Police depts are switching now. Hell, they may just knock on the door, yell "POLICE", then shoot/stab you when you open the door. Now we really have to wonder if it really is the Police doing a "Random search" or some thug about to rob and kill us.

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Now you're all complaining about your rights and freedoms being violated. Rightfully so.. Now here's another angle to look at. This just opened another door for criminals. Home invasions to be more specific.

How long do you think it's going to be before Joe ***** head gangbanger comes knocking on your door claiming he's the Police wearing a BDU tactical uniform he pick up at the local surplus store that alot of Police depts are switching now. Hell, they may just knock on the door, yell "POLICE", then shoot/stab you when you open the door. Now we really have to wonder if it really is the Police doing a "Random search" or some thug about to rob and kill us.

Several home invasions have already occured in South Bend. It's started already :xmad:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

How long do you think it's going to be before Joe ***** head gangbanger comes knocking on your door claiming he's the Police wearing a BDU tactical uniform he pick up at the local surplus store that alot of Police depts are switching now. Hell, they may just knock on the door, yell "POLICE", then shoot/stab you when you open the door. Now we really have to wonder if it really is the Police doing a "Random search" or some thug about to rob and kill us.

They didn't even need to bang on the door to trick one woman. I'm not going to google the story, but the meat and potatos is that a guy posed as a city worker and distracted a resident (got her to come outside) while his crew came in through the back and cleaned out her house.

Allison_Bricker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Good evening fellow Hoosier firearm enthusiasts. :)

Well the Sheriff has issued a "Clarification" on the Newton County Sheriff's Website full of LIES.

In lieu of the "Damning" audio tape Prosecutor Drinski threatened he claimed to have last night on Facebook.

Further, after following up on a hunch and speaking with an attorney friend of mine, just as I suspected, the Sheriff purposefully left my name, the shows name off, and referred to the show as an "Internet Show" just so we would be prevented from then suing him for slander as the lies are made to a "woman" in lieu of my name. Um a nationally syndicated show on Sirius/XM satellite is hardly an "internet show" - LMAO

Such a bunch of weasels.

Newton County Sheriff's Website
    Welcome to NCSD Online

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    So where is the tape that Mr. Drinski said that he had? Or more likely that the sheriff told Drinski that he had? Someone either isn't telling the truth about having the conversation recorded - or they don't like the contents of the tape... You sound confident that the conversation went down the way that you said it did, Allison. If so, can you use a FOIA request to get the tape?

From the sheriff's statement - it sounds like he wasn't being careful with his words and walked right into a hornet's nest, at a BARE minimum. He certainly sounds like the time of "tell 'em anything to shut them up" politician that we need to get rid of. ANd that is the BEST possible way to spin it in his favor. If he really meant what he said then it's WAY worse. Barring Mr. Drinski coming up with a tape - he falls in the same boat. Sounds like some house cleaning is in order.

These politicians may be nice guys - but the Republic needs LEADERS and ones that adhere to the Constitution. We don't have time for this kind of horse manure.

tvot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Not a Conspiracy

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. It appears as though the Sheriff was not properly quoted. His statement is at newtoncountysheriff.com

It's insane to think that someone in a political office would make such a statement. Sounds like a sound bite for a sensational story was taken. Check the facts of the blog where he was quoted.

So let us say that the sheriff and his posse roll up to your house, and tell you that you have been selected to have your house searched. Based on this ruling you have no recourse but to let them in. Now let us suppose that said group of uniformed civilians decide they don't like the number of firearms you own, or the amount of ammo, or find a violation of one of those millions of laws that are still on the books but need to be removed.

So they then arrest you, for what ever reason they want, because you were nice enough to believe that they have a right to enter your home, no, you were told by the judge that they have a right to enter your home. And now you are hauled off, and if it is on the right night, you might have the privilege as an honest citizen to spend a couple of days with Bubba until you can post bail.

Doesn't matter that you will sue the heck out of the sheriff for improper search and seizure, you still have to endure what our constitution says you have a right not to endure.

There is so much wrong in this it almost makes me sorry that I brought children into this world, into a country that my father shed blood to protect during WWII, only to see our freedoms that so many brave soldiers fought and gave their all to protect. Almost...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. It appears as though the Sheriff was not properly quoted. His statement is at newtoncountysheriff.com

It's insane to think that someone in a political office would make such a statement. Sounds like a sound bite for a sensational story was taken. Check the facts of the blog where he was quoted.

:welcome: are you the sheriff? :D
    It took him long enough to make a statement. I still would love to hear the recording I doubt it went exactaly as the good sheriff wants us to believe now. But his stance has done a complete 360.

CVMA544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    SW Indiana

Your a little late since the author of the article who did the interview has commented in this very thread to clear up questions from the members.

IF you had read the thread you would have seen this and you you could have commented on the author/interviewer's statement directly.

How about an introductory post for your first post?

You know, Hello, I am new here, and a little about yourself, maybe fill in the about me section on the control panel tell us all a little.

Joining and jumping in the conversation is cool, have at it.

However, their are others here who are far sharper than I who would and may still comment as I have so be prepared.

and Welcome to INGO.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem

People make dumbass statements all of the time. The question is THIS: what was actually said? Allison (the author) has posted her version here. The Sheriff has posted his version on the county site. The two are pretty hard to reconcile.

The County Prosecutor went on Facebook and said that he would be listening to a recording of the conversation. Was he lying? If there's a recording, it would solve this whole problem. No more he said / she said...

In the absence of evidence, I'm inclined to split it down the middle and say that the Sheriff made some dumb statements that CERTAINLY came out wrong. And probably were not well thought through and against the Constitution. And the author likely took the most quotable parts of the conversation. I can't say I would blame her.

So is the sheriff a) an ignorant tool that made some really stupid statements to the press? or b) honestly a JBT that really feels like trampling rights (for a good purpose, of course :D ). c) is a distant possibility that he was quoted TOTALLY out of context and maliciously by the author.

Following my principle of "never attribute something to malice when it can adequately be explained by stupidity...". I vote a) until we see more evidence b) and c) presume malice on the part of one side or the other. If either party wishes to prove more than this, they need to produce evidence.

pics or it didn't happen
    :postpics:

Culpepper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana
    So how is it that a group of so called fact finders and stanch supporters of the Constitution can believe anything the media or someone involved with the media, ie: talk show host, say. The media and their "reporters" are solely looking for ratings and to make a name for themselves so they can stay employed and move to larger forums. I have yet to see a media report that is 100% truthful and that have not been edited, misquoted, or enhanced to sale their media platform. Why does a newspaper have headlines and why does the news have commercials, to draw you in.

Do you think it is a coincidence that retractions are printed small and three pages back and mistakes made on the news are either quick replies or only posted on their websites? The media does not like to admit they are wrong.

You should spend time getting the facts from the source instead of playing telephone.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

:welcome: Hi Sheriff's PR guy, or wife (or both). Welcome to Ingo. :welcome:

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    Since I ddn't hear the original interview, I can't judge the guy's comments, but this article quotes him as saying his comments were taken out ofcontext and he does not support or plan random house-to-house searches.

A quote from his press release:

I want the citizens of Newton County to rest assured that no member of the Newton County Sheriff’s Office will enter the property of another person without first having a warrant or probable cause to do so. I strongly stand behind my oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America, as well as that of the State of Indiana.

What 4th Amendment? Indiana Sheriff Says Random, Warrantless House To House Searches Are Okay | Techdirt

Edited to add-- Wow, guess I had a cached copy of the thread on my browser--lots of conversation since I last read this. I guess this is old news--sorry!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So how is it that a group of so called fact finders and stanch supporters of the Constitution can believe anything the media or someone involved with the media, ie: talk show host, say. The media and their "reporters" are solely looking for ratings and to make a name for themselves so they can stay employed and move to larger forums. I have yet to see a media report that is 100% truthful and that have not been edited, misquoted, or enhanced to sale their media platform. Why does a newspaper have headlines and why does the news have commercials, to draw you in.

Do you think it is a coincidence that retractions are printed small and three pages back and mistakes made on the news are either quick replies or only posted on their websites? The media does not like to admit they are wrong.

You should spend time getting the facts from the source instead of playing telephone.

It is funny how people's "appreciation" of the media switches back and forth depending on what side of an issue they support, isn't it?

But, I do have to give Allison credit for coming right out and addressing the doubts about her story. For that reason alone, I tend to lean her way.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It is funny how people's "appreciation" of the media switches back and forth depending on what side of an issue they support, isn't it?

But, I do have to give Allison credit for coming right out and addressing the doubts about her story. For that reason alone, I tend to lean her way.
    I agree with you here. I think when it all comes out she will be proven to have written her statements correctly.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well this could go down two ways here, either the reporter asking the questions has misquoted or missunderstood the sheriffs coments or this alleged audio that the prosecuter is reffering to, if it does indeed exist and if he's had a chance to listen to it tends to support the reporter's version. Whichever the case I think the heat was on and somebody may have advised the sheriff that this pot is starting to boil over and thier office needs to get out there and put a lid on it. Unfotunatly the only way to know for sure is to actually hear a recording of the interview but I think the chances are pretty slim of that happening. Either way we do have it on record now with the clarification from the sheriffs office assuring us that there will be no random illegal searches and they are willing to abide by the constitution, for whatever thats worth.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out how there would be a recording of this... The only way I can see there being one, id if the call was transferred from a dispatch center. I doubt very seriously that line in the Sheriff's office would be recorded 24/7/365

Top Bottom