News flash! Military and gun owners clash near Boston!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Tanks So? Do you think the entire military will actually follow whatever I6BO says? When it occurs there is going to be a major split in the forces. Besides look at the Afgans during the with the Russians. The Russian's had tanks and all the modern wonders of the world yet the Afgans kicked their a%% back to Russia.

It's not about military might it's about who has the most spirit and resolve. Anyone can buy a freaking mustang car but only a real man with balls knows how to make that car really drive my dad once told me. Same here.

The US had a little bit to do with that ya know...If it wasn't for the efforts of Charles Wilson, history would probably be reading differently.:twocents:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Uh, stand up and do what exactly?

The military in 2009 is made up of AMERICAN CITIZENS who volunteered to serve the United States of America, not the British Royal Army...

In April 1775, they were British Royal citizens who fired on their army. It wouldn't be for over a year before Independence was declared.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    It's not about dying for your country/cause, it's about making more of the enemy die for his cause than you do for yours.

How many people would stand up to the government, and how many would side with them? Would military leaders actually go through with a large assault on US citizens?

Once again the story of the Bonus Army has to be brought up. The country was in bad shape financially and veterans went to Washington to ask peacefully for help. Military vs retired from military, the ones who fought & won for the country.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Once again the story of the Bonus Army has to be brought up. The country was in bad shape financially and veterans went to Washington to ask peacefully for help. Military vs retired from military, the ones who fought & won for the country.

Actually, they weren't even asking for help. They were asking to be paid money that had been promised to them. Active duty military complied with orders, and attacked them.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    You know, I read the first few sentences then looked for a date (history buff here) to make sure of what I was reading.

My reaction was not one of relief, but rather, disappointment.

I guess I figure it's going to happen, so let's get on with it already.* Too much talk.

Josh <><

*I am not advocating violent action against the government. Rather, I am expressing my distaste at sitting around waiting. Kinda' like, the anticipation is worse than the action.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    They were subjects, not citizens.

From the safe comfortable confines of 240 years after we can claim to make that distinction. Most did not feel it so clear cut at the time.

I would never, EVER fire on an American citizen voluntarily serving this country.

I hope that they extend you the same courtesy.:patriot:

Top Bottom