News flash! Military and gun owners clash near Boston!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Joe you just gave me a friggin heart attack until I got to the end and realized you were talking about "The Shot Heard Around The World".

I was getting ready to start checking sources and mags!!!!

Damn I didn't see the 1775 at the top!!!!

I need a shot now and maybe CPR if my heart doesn't slow down, I thought TSHTF while I was out.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Joe you just gave me a friggin heart attack until I got to the end and realized you were talking about "The Shot Heard Around The World".

I was getting ready to start checking sources and mags!!!!

Damn I didn't see the 1775 at the top!!!!

I need a shot now and maybe CPR if my heart doesn't slow down, I thought TSHTF while I was out.

You ain't the only one he got! :eek:

Kind of interesting to put this in a modern perspective, though...I'm afraid that isn't that good of a chance of this happening in this day and age. Some of us would stand up and fight...but I doubt we would find the support from our fellow countrymen that those folks did way back when.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Mike I saw the headline only and my heart jumped! I went to yahoo news and did not see anything and then clicked on the link and saw 1775 before my heart stopped racing.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I would apologize, but I'll have to wait until I quit giggling :D

Still, when I saw it I thought it an interesting look at what such headlines would be like today, and with tomorrow being the 134th anniversary I thought it a good time to post it.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You ain't the only one he got! :eek:

Kind of interesting to put this in a modern perspective, though...I'm afraid that isn't that good of a chance of this happening in this day and age. Some of us would stand up and fight...but I doubt we would find the support from our fellow countrymen that those folks did way back when.

You may be surprised at how sparse support from the populace actually was during the Revolution. IIRC, the best estimates are that support for the Colonial movement was never higher than about 30%

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Only problem is now they've got tanks. I used to argue gun control with my mother. She'd say they didn't have machine guns when the 2nd was written. My response was always "and neither did the government".

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Only problem is now they've got tanks. I used to argue gun control with my mother. She'd say they didn't have machine guns when the 2nd was written. My response was always "and neither did the government".

Tanks So? Do you think the entire military will actually follow whatever I6BO says? When it occurs there is going to be a major split in the forces. Besides look at the Afgans during the with the Russians. The Russian's had tanks and all the modern wonders of the world yet the Afgans kicked their a%% back to Russia.

It's not about military might it's about who has the most spirit and resolve. Anyone can buy a freaking mustang car but only a real man with balls knows how to make that car really drive my dad once told me. Same here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

When someone trots out that tired nonsense, I like to add that radio, television, telephones, computer networks, FAX machines, loudspeakers, telegraphs, photocopy machines, ditto machines, mimeograph machines, linotype machines, ballpoint pens, phonographs, magnetic tapes, magnetic disks, optical disks and DVDS, and a variety of other technologies also did not exist at the time the US Constitution was written and ratified. By their flawed non-logic, the Freedom of Speech would not apply to any of those tools.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Tanks So? Do you think the entire military will actually follow whatever I6BO says? When it occurs there is going to be a major split in the forces. Besides look at the Afgans during the with the Russians. The Russian's had tanks and all the modern wonders of the world yet the Afgans kicked their a%% back to Russia.

It's not about military might it's about who has the most spirit and resolve. Anyone can buy a freaking mustang car but only a real man with balls knows how to make that car really drive my dad once told me. Same here.

Yup. Look at afghanistan and Iraq now also.

And you don't think Russia would slip revolutionaries some weapons to pay the US Government back for giving them to the Afghans back then? :):

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    It's not about military might it's about who has the most spirit and resolve.
    It's not about dying for your country/cause, it's about making more of the enemy die for his cause than you do for yours.

How many people would stand up to the government, and how many would side with them? Would military leaders actually go through with a large assault on US citizens?

Top Bottom