Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let's see....How did that quote go?

Was it:
    “People are all worried about privacy,” he continued. “Yes, it is a concern, but given the balance you have between keeping people safe and total privacy, the direction the whole world is going is more cameras and better-quality cameras.”

Nah...that doesn't sound right...

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Yeah...that sounds vaguely familiar...that's they way I remember it. I guess this goes part in parcel with changing the way we should change the way we interpret the constitution.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Straight down the same crapper London England went down. CCTV on every corner and no personal privacy.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Another very ineffective effort. Does very little to protect the citizens of England. What is with this asshat mayor of NY?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As for the favorite argument that there is no reasonable expectation of privacy in public, I would offer that there is a huge difference between an officer happening to see you and active surveillance set up to make sure that you cannot be left unseen. It works much like attempting a negative proof, only in more philosophical and ethical terms.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Someone in the comments asked "what's next? Explosive collars that go boom when you break the law?"

Don't give them any ideas buddy! They are crazy enough in New York to do that. If they had their way you would be a robot. Go to work, get locked in, Deposit taxes and be locked into your cell at night. New York is not part of America.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Notice how these libs use the word "post 9/11" world? They use this to scare people into giving up EVERYTHING to the gov't. more security is what they sell, all you have to pay is privacy, liberty, personal protection, more of your money, etc. What blows my mind is that there are that many people out there that buy into this. Its gonna be over a lot sooner than later i think.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

This is actually the first article I have read about someones thoughts that frightens me.

The disdain that is shown toward civil liberties by Mayor Bloomberg and the NYPD is extremely unnerving.

As I understand NYPD has a history of heavy handednedss, going so far in post 9/11 to run surveillance with boots on the ground OUTSIDE of the State of New York.

The worst part is that Bloomberg has a net worth of $27 Billion which gives him limitless power in the media and in backing political candidates.

I for one hope that someone begins to undermine these tactics in the courts - and that right quick.

Regards,

Doug

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    To All,

This is actually the first article I have read about someones thoughts that frightens me.

The disdain that is shown toward civil liberties by Mayor Bloomberg and the NYPD is extremely unnerving.

As I understand NYPD has a history of heavy handednedss, going so far in post 9/11 to run surveillance with boots on the ground OUTSIDE of the State of New York.

The worst part is that Bloomberg has a net worth of $27 Billion which gives him limitless power in the media and in backing political candidates.

I for one hope that someone begins to undermine these tactics in the courts - and that right quick.

Regards,

Doug

Agreed! He has his own army who will blindly follow any order given and if afew jump ship there will be hundreds more that will join up. Wit that kind of a budget it becomes very scary. He could take over surrounding states. People might think that's far fetched but this guy is pure evil and has proven the laws don't apply to what he wants and if the law gets in the way he uses strong arming to change them. I hope somehow the Supreme Court shuts these maniacs down

blitz91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    Terre Haute, In
    hmmm where have i seen this political bs before... sounds a lot like years of Chicago political strong arming, these hypocrites want to make policies to get the people under their thumb but dont follow the policies themselves, theres no protecting the citizenry here and that is never their intent, the intent is to create a cookie cutter society where everyone is the same and unquestioningly believes everything they are told. but whats new , right? authors have seen this coming for a while, 1984 anyone? v for vendetta?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    000_167275758.jpg

Top Bottom