• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I believe the OP was in another thread asking about getting a home based FFL. Sorry, I had to roll my eyes on that one too. He has a lot of learning to do. Laws and life.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Links have been provided... but not responded to.
    Seems like there is no interest in learning.

:)
    It seems he deems these responses as attacks…….:dunno:
    I believe the OP was in another thread asking about getting a home based FFL. Sorry, I had to roll my eyes on that one too. He has a lot of learning to do. Laws and life.
    that’s not the OP. But I agree. It took several posts to get the FFL Op focused on the finer points being made. On his defense he comes off as a solid person Trusting to a fault.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    that’s not the OP. But I agree. It took several posts to get the FFL Op focused on the finer points being made. On his defense he comes off as a solid person Trusting to a fault.

I agree. I bet a super solid dude, one to buy a burger. But I also bet a later to life gun owner who probably took an NRA safety class and figured out his buddies like guns. I see this happen a lot. Somebody comes across some type of new found knowledge, figures out shooting is fun. Then they look for ways to extend or add to that hobby. Become an FFL, experiment with concealed carry or maybe serve on a church security team. All noble endeavors. Most do not realize what is really involved.

There are shooters, hunters, gun owners and collectors. These are not necessarily the same people. No different then police/military may or may not be “gun people”. Gun owners by definition are not conservative or liberal. Nothing wrong with any of those groups.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have more than once.
    But overall, it is mostly a minor deal until it's not. I have seen more adults act foolish with firearms but I am around a lot more adults truth be told.
    Yeah, gun culture has its "hold-my-beer" types too, and some of those start out young.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Let`s be realistic here, shall we? You came to a gun-site, and openly and aggressively attacked freedom, and in particular, Second Amendment freedom. What the hell did you think would happen? Were you going to see unicorns and cotton candy? You were parroting the idiotic gibberish of the anti-gun left, and sorry, but I still don`t, and cannot trust anyone who said the crazy, anti-freedom crap you said, regardless of what your supposed intentions were. Nice try, but I`m not buying.
    I never aggressivly attacked 2nd amendment , just wanted to hear opinions , on subject , SORRY

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hell, my paper work was complete many months ago!

All I need is they keys to the Bronco and the cash.
    It's probably a supply issue. I'm sure when the computer chip backlog eases up they'll get that Bronco built and shipped. Any day now. I'm sure.

Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I never aggressivly attacked 2nd amendment , just wanted to hear opinions , on subject , SORRY
    No need to be sorry sir. You expressed your opinion. I just would like you to review the facts that have been presented to you and hopefully you can rethink your opinion on this subject. Just remember that one shouldn't judge all because of the actions of a few.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I love that people think this would have such a major impact on day to day life. What percentage of the population will even know it is the law? Give it a few months and that percentage will drop as the people against it forget it is even the way things are.

The only real change I see is people will no longer have to pay a fee and wait if they feel a need or have a desire to carry a gun.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Weird that 18yo's, legal adults, can sign legal contracts, be shipped off to war, get stuck making payments to his baby mamma 'cause he didn't pull out in time,and he can pay for his own tattoos. This legal adult has full rights to free speech, protection against warrantless searches and is allowed to vote. Oddly, this legal adult can't' buy a pack of cigs or a beer and shouldn't, in the opinion of some, be allowed to exercise his 2a rights. Also weird is joining a gun enthusiasts forum and coming out of the gates with canned talking points about gun laws only to later admit ignorance of existing gun laws.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK. Let's address this. It was your delivery and yes there was a basic attack in the wording. As I read it and others as well. It was a "Panick" of impending mayhem and doom. Why do you think it brought out sooooo many posts addressing this very thing? We are not all imagining this. It's there.

As to attacks......Seriously, those are attacks in your mind. No, they were pretty much on point and civil in delivery.
    You were wrong. You made a long statement in panic mode. Thats the gist of this. So really let's all just give this one a rest. The OP does not like being put in a corner and is responded that way.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No need to be sorry sir. You expressed your opinion. I just would like you to review the facts that have been presented to you and hopefully you can rethink your opinion on this subject. Just remember that one shouldn't judge all because of the actions of a few.
    Exactly. Look at what the antis say about us. They judge the millions of us law abiding folks by what the few criminals do, and try to penalize us for what they do. "Gotta ban guns because robbers use them" But what about those of us that are lawful? They dont care.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    @churchmouse at least children will usually listen and learn if you try to help them. Not so much an adult because they do not want to humble themselves and admit they were wrong. Now not all children or adults are like I stated, but that seems to be what I've ran into in my days at the range.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    @churchmouse at least children will usually listen and learn if you try to help them. Not so much an adult because they do not want to humble themselves and admit they were wrong. Now not all children or adults are like I stated, but that seems to be what I've ran into in my days at the range.
    Pride has so much to do with this. I think we all find it in ourselves at times but myself, after I am shown or realize I am wrong/mistaken etc will stand firm and apologize/admit my mistakes. I have found it better to clear my ledger as I go.

This is not aimed at the OP just a statement in how I see life.

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I understand completely , remember the saying, because of the few , all must suffer , I really hope the bill passes , and no accidents will happen .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This has been a good talk! Exactly what we are all here for.

Hopefully all involved here have a better understanding of the subject matter and perceptions of it.

:ingo:

Top Bottom