• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Every time I consider Hulu+, I am reminded that I don't really care that much about the TV shows they have. They do get TV shows a lot sooner than Netflix does, but if I really want to watch a show that badly, I have other ways of satisfying that desire. As far as I know, based on my trial period with Hulu+, they didn't have enough movies that I wanted to see for it to be worth it to me, either.

I've considered adding Hulu+ to my Netflix subscription, but every time, I decide against it. YMMV.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    There is a lot of crap on Hulu. I mean a lot. I am going to go through it and see if it has gotten new content but I expect to move to Netflix soon.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Every time I consider Hulu+, I am reminded that I don't really care that much about the TV shows they have. They do get TV shows a lot sooner than Netflix does, but if I really want to watch a show that badly, I have other ways of satisfying that desire. As far as I know, based on my trial period with Hulu+, they didn't have enough movies that I wanted to see for it to be worth it to me, either.

I've considered adding Hulu+ to my Netflix subscription, but every time, I decide against it. YMMV.
    ^This! :thumbsup:

I don't have cable, Netflix is sufficient enough for me.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We have Netflix and Hulu. It's really nice to have both services. If you have a Roku box on top of those two services, you are pretty well set for entertainment. We do not have Amazon Prime as of right now but it's a possibility.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wife and I just talked about dumping UVerse and picking up Netflix through a BluRay player instead. We currently watch more TV than we should anyway and it's getting stupid expensive. We're more into movies than anything. That plus the kids content made us think Netflix is probably best.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I have Hulu+ and Netflix and an OTA Antenna and nothing else. It's great and Netflix has more kids shows than you could ever want. For the combined cost of $16 or so dollars a month, it makes me happy enough.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm looking for something for my kids instead of spending $100 a month w/ directv. Do these services also include kids shows?

yes. except Nickelodeon just let the old wholesale license expire, so suddenly no Dora, spongebob, etc. They are supposed to be re-licensing on a per show basis, but its been several months and so far nothing monumental has resurfaced. :xmad:

I still like Netflix.

And as others have said, they are two different animals and cannot be compared on an "or" level.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Oh, and if you want to move to OTA TV without pulling your hair out, this is a REQUIREMENT... Plug in your address, see what channels you can get with what type of antenna and then buy your antenna based on its rating. It cost me about $100 for the omni antenna and mast, but I have VERY little rain fade, and its just as solid as my CATV was in 2000. (rare glitches but it does happen).

AntennaWeb - Home

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I have Hulu+ and Netflix and an OTA Antenna and nothing else. It's great and Netflix has more kids shows than you could ever want. For the combined cost of $16 or so dollars a month, it makes me happy enough.

this

I watch a lot of hulu and hubby watches a lot of netflix. They both have their positives. I also bought an "allshare" for my phone so I can watch other things on the web through my phone on the tv

Top Bottom