• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Crash7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2020
    IN
    Major ATT outage in Tennessee and Kentucky.

Interesting. I’m in Evansville area, with a cell phone from mid-IL where I recently moved from. Was on phone with mother around 11 and call dropped.

I now cannot call 217 area code landlines, but they can call me.

I can call cell phones. Weird. Related to this incident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Absolutely speculation. But, does it seem more likely than not that there was a target? And that killing people doesn't seem to be that target?

So that leaves us with some other goal. Again, seems more likely than not that the building (AT&T communications center) right next to where the RV was parked could be an infrastructure target of note. Also seems to be the thing affected that's causing the most effect at the moment.
    It's not as if they picked a bridge, or government building, or arena or some other location of note that would be available only blocks away...

I'm not claiming some great conspiracy here (yet), but there's something funny going on don't you think? Not a typical terrorist strike IMHO.

It could be a great number of things. There were shots fired prior to police showing up. Hell, this might never have been meant to go off when/where it did. We are in the midst of a detail deficit and the devil's in the details.

The older I get, the more I appreciate the Vulcan mindset. Logic, not emotion, is the path to enlightenment. Logic dictates that the information provided in the news is insufficient to draw any conclusions other than an explosion happened.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Supposedly the RV...

37263716-0-image-a-11_1608928320665.jpg

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    What brand of RV is that?

Asking for a friend who works in the industry and is now wondering if they're gonna get sued as result of this or does that only pertain to guns?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Quick Rundown of Facts:
    - Eyewitness report RV had been parked there overnight. Arrived at 1:22am
    - Eyewitness reports multiple rapid shots fired and calls police.
    - Cop comes up on RV that doesn't belong while responding to a shots fired call.
    - Cop calls bomb squad.
    - Before bomb squad arrives, vehicle detonated.
    - Police confirm at some point the vehicle warned of a 15 minute warning. (No video or audio to confirm, police said this during press conference)
    - Vehicle warned people to evacuate area before detonation. "If you can hear this message, evacuate now"
    - Three confirmed casualties at this time, none life threatening.
    - Location directly outside AT&T
    - AT&T confirms phone outages, which comprises 3 states, and includes Vanderbilt & TriStar hospitals.
    - Arfcom members are reporting cellular outages in TN as well with AT&T service.
    - Gas lines have been affected by the explosion, which limits back up generators for phone service.
    - 911 service has also been affected.
    - Ground stop at Nashville Airport, Air Traffic Control has been affected.
    - Confirmed first hand accounts of some ATMs being offline
    - Confirmed first hand accounts of credit card/gas pumps being affected. Multiple stations are cash only.
    - Confirmed first hand accounts some stations have run out of regular fuel in the area.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Yep, we don't know much. What little intel we have was gleaned from the early witness accounts, before the professionals got involved. But, there are some things that can be ruled out. The intent wasn't to lay a trap for police like was said by an "expert" on POX. It can't have been a government sponsored job because innocent people wouldn't have been protected. It wasn't an insurance scam. It wasn't a cover-up for murder. It doesn't appear to have been a distraction for another event.

What's left after that? Disabling a communications node? Sending a message?
    This morning I was expecting a communication to be released by whodunnit.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Quick Rundown of Facts:
    - Eyewitness report RV had been parked there overnight. Arrived at 1:22am
    - Eyewitness reports multiple rapid shots fired and calls police.
    - Cop comes up on RV that doesn't belong while responding to a shots fired call.
    - Cop calls bomb squad.
    - Before bomb squad arrives, vehicle detonated.
    - Police confirm at some point the vehicle warned of a 15 minute warning. (No video or audio to confirm, police said this during press conference)
    - Vehicle warned people to evacuate area before detonation. "If you can hear this message, evacuate now"
    - Three confirmed casualties at this time, none life threatening.
    - Location directly outside AT&T
    - AT&T confirms phone outages, which comprises 3 states, and includes Vanderbilt & TriStar hospitals.
    - Arfcom members are reporting cellular outages in TN as well with AT&T service.
    - Gas lines have been affected by the explosion, which limits back up generators for phone service.
    - 911 service has also been affected.
    - Ground stop at Nashville Airport, Air Traffic Control has been affected.
    - Confirmed first hand accounts of some ATMs being offline
    - Confirmed first hand accounts of credit card/gas pumps being affected. Multiple stations are cash only.
    - Confirmed first hand accounts some stations have run out of regular fuel in the area.

video of blast posted that does contain a warning message, but not a count down.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    A woman interviewed early today told about the countdown warning she heard after the second (re)play of gunfire got her out of bed. She told about it going from 15 minutes to 14 minutes. Reminded me of one of Robert Heinlein's stories.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    this is the "IRA method"
    get people out of the way , but draw police in.
    Yup, that was my first thought too. Something to bear in mind the IRA issued warnings as a way to try and minimize civilian casualties, and either attack members of the security forces (police & army) or cause economic harm, but that was in the context of Irish reunification. The method is similar here, but the context and goals may differ.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Seems to me it was a test run to see the potential power and damage. Why else would you evacuate before detonating? Seems someone was experimenting and needed an actual building in a city to test the effects of their device before moving to the real target. The part that throws me off if that’s the case tho, why the gunfire beforehand? Almost seems it was to draw in a LEO presence, but again, if your intention was to draw casualties to the scene why would you have an evacuation announcement? And on Christmas Day? Surely there’s a reason today was chosen. Was it supposed to be a distraction and the other plans were foiled? Was there supposed to be more than 1 explosion in different areas? It’ll be interesting to see what the investigation unfolds, if we ever get to hear the details.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Also, I don’t know if it’s true or not, but supposedly that is Nashville’s only “finished” bomb proof building. If true that would definitely make me lean towards some type of test run.

Top Bottom