Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    She can make ya or break ya.
    l like watching old films of races from the 70s there Cale Yarborough, DW, Awesome Bill from Dawsonville
    I watched one a while back that was from the 60s... had around 60 cars start the race. Was more of an endurance race. Whose equipment could survive 500 miles while being able to out pace the others.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That was when you take a car from the show room floor cage it, drive it to the track If you can drive it home
    Pretty cool interview with Richard petty. I’ll try to find it in a bit, said his dad (Lee) drove them and his wife to the track in the family car, they got out and watched while he raced the family car, wrecked in the race, and they had to hitchhike home.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    I do not believe these guys now could endure what those guys pre-85 had to deal with, I mean unsophisticated street cars doing 500 mile race, it almost laughable to think you could do it with a stock car. No safety other than a cage, net and hubcaps over the headlights. Safety glass wasn't a thing. With open face helmets. Savage

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I dont follow Nascar could someone help me with the number of the Air Force Car? I tried searching google and it comes up as 43 but the current 43 car doesnt look like it has any USAF logo on it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    From the article:

NASCAR avid fans of 0-3 years were 8 times more likely to approve.

They polled toddlers, aged 0-3 about nascars social justice stance, and they were “8 times more likely to approve”

Is that serious? What 3 year old knows wtf they’re even talking about? Who conducted this poll, Elmo? C’mon!

Sorry, not complaining about nascar, I personally stopped watching but I LOVE racing... who won today?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I dont follow Nascar could someone help me with the number of the Air Force Car? I tried searching google and it comes up as 43 but the current 43 car doesnt look like it has any USAF logo on it.
    The 43 car runs the USAF car. They don’t sponsor a full season so they choose which races to sponsor. A lot of teams, even the bigger ones the past few years, have different main sponsors throughout the year. It’s so expensive that a lot of sponsors won’t pay for the entire season, so they’ll advertise on the races that draw more fans. Daytona, Bristol, darlington, Charlotte, etc. Other sponsors will cover them for the other races.

If you remember, Dale Jr was the most popular driver during his career, and he ran half a season with national guard as a sponsor, the other half with amp energy, and occasionally Mountain Dew (which is owned by Pepsi, who also owns amp energy) would sponsor a couple of the bigger shows. Pepsi has been with Hendrick Motorsports since the 90s... I believe they recently pulled out tho.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    The 43 car runs the USAF car. They don’t sponsor a full season so they choose which races to sponsor. A lot of teams, even the bigger ones the past few years, have different main sponsors throughout the year. It’s so expensive that a lot of sponsors won’t pay for the entire season, so they’ll advertise on the races that draw more fans. Daytona, Bristol, darlington, Charlotte, etc. Other sponsors will cover them for the other races.

If you remember, Dale Jr was the most popular driver during his career, and he ran half a season with national guard as a sponsor, the other half with amp energy, and occasionally Mountain Dew (which is owned by Pepsi, who also owns amp energy) would sponsor a couple of the bigger shows. Pepsi has been with Hendrick Motorsports since the 90s... I believe they recently pulled out tho.
    I had no idea. I only occasionally watch nascar. That explains why I couldnt find a car with the shark mouth on it. Thank you.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    These boys are going to be running until midnight.

I would have thought they would have run it tomorrow. Especially since no one is going anywhere since next week is the Daytona road course.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom