Not open for further replies.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Way to ruin a good thing NASCAR. I watched Daytona and have honestly forgotten all about them since then.

It appears all the new Bubba Smollett fans are not making up the difference the fans NASCAR has driven away.

"UPDATE: Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race from Las Vegas averaged a 2.6 rating and 4.36 million viewers on FOX, marking the lowest rated edition of the race since it debuted in 1998 and the smallest audience since at least 2001"

"All four Cup Series races this season have declined from the corresponding weeks of last season"

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Way to ruin a good thing NASCAR. I watched Daytona and have honestly forgotten all about them since then.

It appears all the new Bubba Smollett fans are not making up the difference the fans NASCAR has driven away.

"UPDATE: Sunday’s NASCAR Cup Series race from Las Vegas averaged a 2.6 rating and 4.36 million viewers on FOX, marking the lowest rated edition of the race since it debuted in 1998 and the smallest audience since at least 2001"

"All four Cup Series races this season have declined from the corresponding weeks of last season"

That is good to hear. Hopefully it continues

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    They were right, they “slowed down”, lowest ratings every race... and they’re doubling down on the stupid, trying new gimmicks like road courses and dirt races to bring attention back, but they ran off the core fans.

I saw SRX had some testing today. Hopefully that series takes off and just focuses on racing.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have been a little put out with NASCAR lately over the whole BLM thing. I am pleasantly surprised to say the pre race show for Memorial Day may be the best I've seen. Bagpipes, 21 gun salute etc. I'm shocked!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Not sure, but it sure was good to what they did today. I hope the trend will continue. It's almost like they have a new PR person.
    They’ve always done this for Memorial Day (coke 600)... haven’t they? As far back as I remember cars carried the names of soldiers this weekend and done a big pre race ceremony for them.

First race I’ve watched all year. It wasn’t bad. Glad to see Larson get it

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I rarely watch nascar any longer, but thought I would watch some of Daytona tonight.

Is nascar's goal now to make the races as boring as humanly possible?
    I refuse to watch it. It’s on the radio in the other room so I can listen when I’m curious or sounds interesting, but I’ve been surfing ingo and ignoring it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I refuse to watch it. It’s on the radio in the other room so I can listen when I’m curious or sounds interesting, but I’ve been surfing ingo and ignoring it.

Well, you're not missing anything.

It used to be that the Brickyard 400 was the most boring thing ypu could see on a race track. It seems that has now become the template for other races.

I turned it off....baseball is MUCH better.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well, you're not missing anything.

It used to be that the Brickyard 400 was the most boring thing ypu could see on a race track. It seems that has now become the template for other races.

I turned it off....baseball is MUCH better.
    **** the commie MLB too. I was a fan, used to go to the great American ballpark few times a year. Sports turned on me, I didn’t turn on them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I do like reading the updates on whats happened tho.
    Not following NASCAR and do my best to not support their sponsors.

This came up in my news feed.

Really hate to see Bubba whining...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom