Well it's upon us.

Busch Clash​

Tuesday, February 9, 2021
    Daytona International Speedway Road Course
    35 laps on the 3.61 Mile Road Course
    Time: 7:00pm/et
    TV: FS1 - Radio: MRN, Sirius XM NASCAR​

Notable changes for 2021
    Busch Clash is on the ROAD COURSE! Imagine the excitement? I can't.
    There will be no swimsuit competition this year.
    Evening gowns will be worn at all post race activities.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Only took until the 4th post in the Nascar thread for someone to start bashing Nascar...
    Easy trigger. Thats not an actual bash OK.
    I tend to agree with him as to a race that holds my interests.

Man I wish I looked to the opener with the same anticipations I used to but alas, times change.

Lets all use this thread for anything positive the serious fans see in the venue.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Only took until the 4th post in the Nascar thread for someone to start bashing Nascar...
    Sorry Mark, not intending to bash it, more like disappointed I just cannot enjoy it any longer. Through the 90's I never missed a race, recorded it if necessary, but they just kept doing the things that got us here.

I'm glad you enjoy it and I will not post further...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Its been a spec series for probably 40 years now, why is it suddenly a problem now for everyone?
    Come on Mark. It was a free for all of stretching this and breaking that rule. Innovation was the norm. The smart crew chiefs went fast and the also rans were....well....also rans with the same equipment pretty much.
    50 cars showing up for Daytona (or more) and non-qualifiers going home at most every race. Engine development was off the charts. Body shapes etc and so on.

"Now" its a spec racing series. The Car of Tomorrow sealed that fate.
    And please, I am not bashing. I am sad. I miss it tremendously.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Its been a spec series for probably 40 years now, why is it suddenly a problem now for everyone?
    It was a Richard Petty's spec against everybody else's spec! :cool:
    Any way I'm going into it open minded after last years BLM/SJW debacle. I really miss the racing so I hope they tone it down.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I really liked the clash being on the road course. I thought the racing was pretty good. I wish Chase could have pulled off the win though.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I used to go to a lot of races. My dad got me watching nascar when I was just a little guy back in the 90’s. It was fun back then. The last race I went to was Talladega in 2007. The entire race was nothing but follow the leader and was amazingly boring. I never would have imagined Talladega being boring. I’m sad to see what it’s become.
    On a side note any of you nascar of the 90’s guys I have a bunch of nascar cup books in the classifieds my wife wants gone. Free to a good home.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ESPN has a great 4 part story about the impact of Dale Sr's death on NASCAR safety.

Atop that roster of safety saviors is Dale Earnhardt. The Intimidator's safety legacy has arguably had a larger impact on the sport than even his racing résumé. From 1989 until his death in the final turn of the Daytona 500 on Feb. 18, 2001, nine drivers were killed across NASCAR's top three series. Earnhardt's was the fourth fatality over a heartbreaking span of only nine months.

In the 20 years since Earnhardt's death, that number is zero.

Here's the link to part I...

Dale Earnhardt's death at the Daytona 500: The legacy of The Intimidator

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I do too, I believe NASCAR‘s peak was from 97-02. After The Intimidator passed I believe popularity waned.
    Definitely. It was beginning to while he was alive, with the money becoming king of the sport, but having him and drivers like him kept that from fully taking over. Now it’s spoiled rich kids who never worked and don’t know what a harmonic balancer is.

I’m not a fan of super speedways, so I’ll probably watch Bristol and Richmond. Maybe the Charlotte race memorial weekend just because it’s tradition to cook out and watch the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom