My, what nice guys (killed over 20 of neighbor’s cats)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I think I would appreciate cats more if I had some decent recipes.
    Go up to the harbor area in East Chicago, ask around.
    Go ask your local Chinese restaurant.
    Nah, Mexican in the area I mentioned above. Dog was China/SE Asia. They are both pretty good. And yes I'm serious. The cat I wasn't sure about until after, the dog I figured out pretty quick. Then had seconds because I didn't want to offend them and it was pretty good.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You know I love ya man, but I’ll tell ya, as soon as my dog finds his phone, he’s gonna be sending you a very harshly worded email!
    :):
    I look forward to it. Did he take in a blind puppy to raise. That puts him in a special place in my book…:)

I know of some really great pet dogs. I also know some I would as soon kick in the teeth. But again it’s the owner that needs curb stomping.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Quite a few years back, there was a Chinese restaurant in New Albany that got in trouble because the health department found a cat in the freezer.

It was my sister in laws favorite place, I don’t think she went back after that.;)

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    The cat I wasn't sure about until after, the dog I figured out pretty quick. Then had seconds because I didn't want to offend them and it was pretty good.
    When our two oldest lived in China, I asked them what was the difference between a petting dog and an eating dog. They couldn't tell me.

For the most part nobody actually owns the dogs we saw there. They are like "community dogs."

Which brings us back on topic!

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Quite a few years back, there was a Chinese restaurant in New Albany that got in trouble because the health department found a cat in the freezer.

It was my sister in laws favorite place, I don’t think she went back after that.;)
    I knew a Chinese restaurant in NWI the local fire marshall was doing an inspection and walked past the open cooler and saw a side of dog hanging in it. It was his favorite Chinese place, he still went there. It was mine too, I still went. He thinks it was for personal/special customer use and not generally served. At the time it was one of the nicer ones around and in one of the wealthier areas.

When our two oldest lived in China, I asked them what was the difference between a petting dog and an eating dog. They couldn't tell me.

For the most part nobody actually owns the dogs we saw there. They are like "community dogs."

Which brings us back on topic!
    When I had it, it was a friend's parents who immigrated from I can't remember the country in SE Asia. I had stopped by to pick him up to go out and he wasn't home yet. Parents invited me in and told me I had to eat, it was their anniversary. When he got home... The look on his face when he saw me eating was priceless. He quickly got me out of the room and asked if I knew what I was eating. I answered dog, right? He asked if I was okay. I said yep, that's my second helping. That look was even more priceless.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    In Knox, Indiana at the old Five Star and Ribordy Drug store where Smith's Farmstore is now, in the summer in the corner of that parking lot a Mexican lady would open and run a Taco joint. Meat cutter at Five Star always told dad that the stray dog and cat population disappeared when she was in town. She used to have galvanized trash cans and they were found to be full of skins.
    Funnier story, my sister's ex husband told when he was little that his mom took him there when his dog came up missing! We laughed until we cried and finally told him he probably ate his own dog!!!!

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    They were decently treated. They were decently fed, and then they were decently shot.

As long as the nuisance animals were dispatched humanely, I have no problem with it, but they were stupid to talk about it. They should have known that people would get butthurt about it, and it would only lead to trouble.

The sentimentality attached to feral cats and dogs is something I just don't understand. It's not like there's a shortage of them, like killing 20 of them is going to crash the population. They'll make more.

As far as cats and dogs as food, I don't see a problem with it. I've not eaten cat, but I have eaten a lot of... nevermind. :naughty:

I have eaten dog several times. Of course, this was during my two tours in Korea, which is the country that is probably most often associated with eating dog meat. I've probably said this here before, but I'll say it again, Koreans aren't snatching poodles of the street to make their dinner. They have a breed of dog for consumption. I believe the breed is spelled Nureongi, but you can check my spelling on that. They are not domesticated animals, any more than cows, chickens, or pigs are domesticated here in the US. They are livestock, born to be put on a plate.

One funny thing is people who were stationed there started off concerned that if they ordered a hamburger off base, that it would be dog meat. I had to explain to them that dog meat was more expensive than beef, and wasn't served in GI areas anyways. No one's going to serve you a dog burger in place of a beef burger.

I will tell you, though, dog meat is very flavorful and tender. When Benjamin Martin said in The Patriot "Dog is a fine meal", he may have been joking, but he wasn't wrong.

Top Bottom