My, what nice guys (killed over 20 of neighbor’s cats)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reload45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    “Hey, bro, let’s do some drugs and weed and go bait, trap, and shoot 20 cats in the head, then go tell our neighbor we did it”. These two animals give Indiana a bad name:

I have indoor cats,but still,even outdoor animals should be shown compassion. I would do the same to them like they did to the cats. No mercy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My current cat is a survivor for sure. We took her camping at Monroe back on July 4th weekend of 2011. She was just about a year old then. She did great being tied out at the camp site, riding and hanging out on the pontoon boat, even letting us pour lake water over her to keep her cool (it was a really hot weekend).

On the night that Fourwinds Marina was having their fireworks display, we headed across the lake to go watch, with 2 dogs and the cat on the boat. We were camped on the idle zone side, so it was a pretty good haul. About halfway over, a really bad thunderstorm came up, and I had to get to shore. Animals were still okay.

When I got to shore and went to jump off the boat to tie us up, the cat (with a harness and two leashes on) and one of the dogs jumped off the boat. So there I was trying to hold on to the boat anchor line and catch the critters too. Finally got them and got the boat secured and waited out the storm (it was a doozy).

When the storm let up, we figured they'd canceled the show, so we started heading back to camp. We just happened to look back, and saw the fireworks were starting, so we watched for a bit from about 2 miles away, and then headed back to camp. By this time it was probably 10 or 10:30 at night and still pitch black from the clouds. Cat was just sitting on my lap the whole way while I drove the boat.

As we were approaching the causeway bridge, there were people on shore shooting off firecrackers and bottle rockets, and the cat jumped down off my lap. I didn't think too much about it until we passed under the bridge. I just happened to look down and didn't see her leashes anywhere. She had jumped overboard.

We searched for quite awhile, and even talked to some people on the shore to tell them what had happened. Never found her. Next morning I headed back to that area from camp and walked up and down the shoreline, and up into the hills with no luck. I had to go back to work, so we had to give up and just assumed she had wandered off or worse. We were pretty devastated.

9 days go by and we got a call from a vet in Ellettsville saying they thought they had our cat. Apparently a little girl had found her down at Monroe and they took her to get scanned for a chip and that's how they found us. When we got her home, she looked like she had gained a lot of weight! I don't know what she was eating while she was lost in the woods, but she ate well! That's when her name became "Chunky Butt", which has since morphed into "Chunkadoodle".

Yes, I love my cat. Shut up. :p

Top Bottom