My, what nice guys (killed over 20 of neighbor’s cats)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    While we're on the subject of eating animals, or perhaps killing them and not eating them, I would like to propose that we start killing some animals to extinction.

#1 would be deer. What a useless, stupid, nuisance animal. Their only purpose seems to be to eat our crops and get hit by our cars. Open season, no limit, no such thing as wanton waste. Don't want to eat them? Shoot them, humanely, and leave them where they lay. Buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms.

Next? Big cats. You wanna eat me? Die in place, let the scavengers have you.

Then bears. Not so badass when I park a 308 in your brainpan, are you? LOL!

And don't even get me started on sea creatures like sharks. You got teeth? We have machineguns. Stupid f'ing jellyfish? Sting me? "Accidental" oil spill on your habitat. How you like that?

Anyone want to talk about monkeys? Because I could really talk to you about monkeys.

Cool story.

If you are willing to give me your address, I promise to live trap and deliver feral cats to your property in lieu of dispatching them.

PM me.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Cool story.

If you are willing to give me your address, I promise to live trap and deliver feral cats to your property in lieu of dispatching them.

PM me.
    Perhaps you misunderstood me, or perhaps I misunderstand you. Not sure.

I don't want feral cats around here. Feral cats should be dispatched, humanely, if they are a nuisance. We have one here, and he's a pretty cool guy. Doesn't cause any bother, doen't **** or crap on anything on my property, and the neighbor trapped him and had him fixed, and does so every so often to get him to the vet for a checkup and shots. He's not really happy when that happens. :D

But he's very territoral, and will whoop the butt of any other cat that comes around. I've seen it happen. Whooped one from the side of my garage all the way down the yard and into the woods beyond. Pretty sure he murdered the intruder, judging by the "missing cat" flyers stuck to telephone poles for weeks after that incident.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As long as the nuisance animals were dispatched humanely, I have no problem with it, but they were stupid to talk about it. They should have known that people would get butthurt about it, and it would only lead to trouble.

The sentimentality attached to feral cats and dogs is something I just don't understand. It's not like there's a shortage of them, like killing 20 of them is going to crash the population. They'll make more.

As far as cats and dogs as food, I don't see a problem with it. I've not eaten cat, but I have eaten a lot of... nevermind. :naughty:

I have eaten dog several times. Of course, this was during my two tours in Korea, which is the country that is probably most often associated with eating dog meat. I've probably said this here before, but I'll say it again, Koreans aren't snatching poodles of the street to make their dinner. They have a breed of dog for consumption. I believe the breed is spelled Nureongi, but you can check my spelling on that. They are not domesticated animals, any more than cows, chickens, or pigs are domesticated here in the US. They are livestock, born to be put on a plate.

One funny thing is people who were stationed there started off concerned that if they ordered a hamburger off base, that it would be dog meat. I had to explain to them that dog meat was more expensive than beef, and wasn't served in GI areas anyways. No one's going to serve you a dog burger in place of a beef burger.

I will tell you, though, dog meat is very flavorful and tender. When Benjamin Martin said in The Patriot "Dog is a fine meal", he may have been joking, but he wasn't wrong.
    There are individuals and organized groups that have engaged in propaganda to infect Americans with anthrophomorphization of animals.

From Walt Disney and his Bambi to PETA.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Perhaps you misunderstood me, or perhaps I misunderstand you. Not sure.

I don't want feral cats around here. Feral cats should be dispatched, humanely, if they are a nuisance. We have one here, and he's a pretty cool guy. Doesn't cause any bother, doen't **** or crap on anything on my property, and the neighbor trapped him and had him fixed, and does so every so often to get him to the vet for a checkup and shots. He's not really happy when that happens. :D

But he's very territoral, and will whoop the butt of any other cat that comes around. I've seen it happen. Whooped one from the side of my garage all the way down the yard and into the woods beyond. Pretty sure he murdered the intruder, judging by the "missing cat" flyers stuck to telephone poles for weeks after that incident.

PM me and I will deliver even more joy.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    We named our pet rabbits and goats things like BBQ but it really didn't matter what we named them. We knew that anything that wasn't being kept as breeding stock or to produce milk was going to freezer camp and was going to be on the table. We would come home from school, and mom would be out by the barn butchering rabbits or goats.
    You know what I just realized I really, really miss about America?

Women like your mom...and my grandmother. "Anti-Karens."

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You know what I just realized I really, really miss about America?

Women like your mom...and my grandmother. "Anti-Karens."
    I remember my grandma boiling hogs heads, then she pulled the skin off, then using a sharp little knife she minced the face meat for her minced meat pies, that were amazing…

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    For me, it is because a frog has never shown any concern for my feelings.

I try not to eat things that care how I feel.

That said, a man's gotta eat.

I'm not referring to eating your dog. Why not eat a dog?

Like, if you were at a buffet and there were frog legs, cat, dog, squirrel, rabbit, beef.

I can understand the preference/taste aspect but not a moral/ethical argument.

Edit: I guess there's a cultural element too.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I'm not referring to eating your dog. Why not eat a dog?

Like, if you were at a buffet and there were frog legs, cat, dog, squirrel, rabbit, beef.

I can understand the preference/taste aspect but not a moral/ethical argument.

Edit: I guess there's a cultural element too.

Based on my experiences with some dogs and horses, I extend some courtesies to all dogs and horses.

Included in these courtesies is that I will try not to eat them.

My main aversion is probably due to cultural conditioning, so there is that too.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    A friend was going to the local frog pond when he saw there were already some people there.

He shouted, "Hey! What are you doing in my pond?" and the all scattered.

He went down to gig some frogs and his friend asked, "How did you know they weren't the owners?"

He said, "I don't know who owns the pond and I am here all the time, I was sure they didn't either..."

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The one you caught sounds like the Maine Coon my wife used to have, over 20 lbs and huge. She had very long fluffy fur so she looked even bigger. Not my wife, not her cat but just as an example.
    omar-maine-coon.webp

Would I be wrong saying she has a very nice *****?

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Would I be wrong saying she has a very nice *****?
    Reminds me of an old joke. I'm sure you've heard it before. If you haven't well here it is.

A guy takes a girl out on a date. He takes her out for a great dinner, then they go to a mellow bar and have a few drinks. He drives her home, gets a kiss, and says "I'd like to have a little *****.

She replies, "so would I, mine's big as a house".

:abused:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So are the drug-abusing ***holes still in the Jackson County jail?

Top Bottom