• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I like the concept of the Q-DC, but what does it really add (other than weight and $$$) that a velcro attached card doesn't? Even if you have to replace the velcro cards because the elastic wears out, I can't see it adding up to $130+ in any short amount of time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but what does it really add (other than weight and $$$) that a velcro attached card doesn't?

The ability to retain ammunition when the weapon bangs off the squad's door, when you are running with it, when the weapon clatters down a flight of stairs because you are dicking with your radio and your teammate opens the door and knocks it out of your hands, when the weapon bangs against the door frame of a warehouse when you slip on the black ice on a bitter cold January night and the pain is magnified because it is 2 above zero.

You hold those replacement side saddles in an M16 mag vest pocket (assuming you are set up that way).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The ability to retain ammunition when the weapon bangs off the squad's door, when you are running with it, when the weapon clatters down a flight of stairs because you are dicking with your radio and your teammate opens the door and knocks it out of your hands, when the weapon bangs against the door frame of a warehouse when you slip on the black ice on a bitter cold January night and the pain is magnified because it is 2 above zero.

You hold those replacement side saddles in an M16 mag vest pocket (assuming you are set up that way).

so...in reality... Nothing?

Because I don't have a squad car, because my shotgun will be a HD weapon and not something I'd "run with", I have no stairs, I don't have any kind of radio system to dick with, I don't have a teammate to get in the way...

For ME, as an Average Joe who won't be using his shot gun in any kind of competitions or anything, I'd buy it because I WANTED it - not because I thought it'd be somehow super beneficial. I need to get a small rail segment, mount, and a light first. And also to find my sling that I can't find. If I've lost that ish I'm gonna be really upset.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, lemme ask this:

so...in reality... Nothing?

You are police???

Because I don't have a squad car, because my shotgun will be a HD weapon and not something I'd "run with",

You sure, 'cause if you are fighting, you are running.

I have no stairs,

The fight will not happen where you want it to happen, it will just be.

I don't have any kind of radio system to dick with

You have kids, a spouse, doors to open. The gun will fall.

I don't have a teammate to get in the way..

Maybe right now.

I'd buy it because I WANTED it

America!:patriot:

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Sounds like some folks shouldn't buy the QD-C. Here's a novel thought....there's lots of gun **** out there. If you see something you like, buy it. If you see something you don't, don't buy it. The constant necessity to justify or defend this or that gets old.

I don't like velcro. I've used a ton of it over the years. It's noisy and tends to collect garbage and stop working as well as it should.

I don't trust elastic to hold on to anything that I consider valuable. It wears out and typically not when it's convenient for me.

I like gadgets. I like small, one man type operations and I like giving money to those with the balls to take a chance on a product they believe in.

Is there a chance I'll "need" the QD-C? Sure, the odds are probably somewhere in the 1 in 1,000,000 range. Just about even with the chance I'd need a piece of ****ty velcro with elastic loops on it stuck to the side of my shotgun.

I miss Cowboy Bob, what was it he used to say at the end of his show?

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    My mother bought me the QD-C for my birthday. I punched her in the face and set her house on fire...because Velcro and such. You do what you want though with your pump action disaster.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    My comment wasn't trying to be negative at all. It was honest curiosity more then anything. I like the concept, but I was looking for some more insight. You don't have to justify yourself at all, but providing useful dialog might be beneficial for others that are interested in the Q-DC.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular. There aren't a lot of trouble free options out there for side saddles. Tac Stars strip out, I've seen a few Mesa Tactical's with broken pins and as I mentioned I don't like velcro and elastic. I like the looks of the QD-C, it appears to resolve a few issues at the expense of added weight. May not work for everyone, it might not work for me, time will tell.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don't think it'll work for me. I'm just gonna buy another holster to throw in my holster box.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    Some self adhesive Velcro for the side of the receiver and sew some Velcro to any rig, pouch, or where ever you want and use these carriers from HSG. Just as quick, no metal, possibly lighter..

Accessory | Swat Tactical Gear

Can I rub your velcro cards in some dirt or snow or, hell, lint and cat fur? And then stick one of them on the side of the gun in a hurry at a fifteen degree angle and time your reloads to see if that affects it?

We've all used velcro cards. I have, you have, the guy that invented the Q-DC has. He just was looking for something that solves some of the problems that can crop up with the velcro cards while still having most of their advantages over a fixed sidesaddle and so he invented it. The one downside is that it costs money. If you don't want to spend the money, there's nothing wrong with continuing to roll with the old-school solution. Just understand its shortcomings.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It wasn't necessarily directed at anyone in particular. There aren't a lot of trouble free options out there for side saddles. Tac Stars strip out, I've seen a few Mesa Tactical's with broken pins and as I mentioned I don't like velcro and elastic. I like the looks of the QD-C, it appears to resolve a few issues at the expense of added weight. May not work for everyone, it might not work for me, time will tell.

Can I rub your velcro cards in some dirt or snow or, hell, lint and cat fur? And then stick one of them on the side of the gun in a hurry at a fifteen degree angle and time your reloads to see if that affects it?

We've all used velcro cards. I have, you have, the guy that invented the Q-DC has. He just was looking for something that solves some of the problems that can crop up with the velcro cards while still having most of their advantages over a fixed sidesaddle and so he invented it. The one downside is that it costs money. If you don't want to spend the money, there's nothing wrong with continuing to roll with the old-school solution. Just understand its shortcomings.

Thank you folks for the info on this new contraption! Please keep us all in the loop as to how it works out over time. :ingo:

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    If you need to prepare for the sort of fight where you will exhaust the ammo in your magazine, on the side saddle of the receiver, and on the side saddle of the stock (maybe a total of 17 rounds), and perhaps what's in your backup pistol; where you will have a chance to put on some sort of vest carrying ammo; where you'll have a lull in a fight to replenish the side saddle-- I would like to put you in touch with a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court in 1972 for a crime they didn't commit.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If you need to prepare for the sort of fight where you will exhaust the ammo in your magazine, on the side saddle of the receiver, and on the side saddle of the stock (maybe a total of 17 rounds), and perhaps what's in your backup pistol; where you will have a chance to put on some sort of vest carrying ammo; where you'll have a lull in a fight to replenish the side saddle-- I would like to put you in touch with a crack commando unit that was sent to prison by a military court in 1972 for a crime they didn't commit.
    You SOB, for just a brief moment I was trying to recall the historical moment you were referring too.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    You SOB, for just a brief moment I was trying to recall the historical moment you were referring too.

Sorry. Were you able to figure it out? Cuz if you can't, and nobody can help you, and if you can find them, perhaps you can hire...

THE A-TEAM!!!

[play the music in your head]

Top Bottom