• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I carried a 14" 870 for years when I worked patrol and prior to us having patrol rifles it was my go to weapon of choice for searching buildings, K9 tracks, etc.. I turned it in when I started working at the range. The department was short on shotguns and I no longer had a need for it. I was pretty excited when the legislation passed allowing short barreled shotguns in Indiana and fortunately Curraheeguns (Corey) had one on hand and made me a good deal on it.

The original barrel had a gold bead installed off center and without a pedestal so I bought a new 14" barrel with rifle sights off of Gunbroker. I sent it off to Vang Comp and had it backbored, ported and had the forcing cone lengthened. I installed a Vang Comp dome head safety and +1 mag extension and a GG&G mag follower. I was originally planning to keep the original wood furniture but that doesn't leave many options for hanging a light on it so I decided to go with the Magpul furnite and have a Surefire X200 on the forearm.

I just mailed the original barrel off to have it cut down to 12", threaded for chokes and have rifle sights installed. Not sure if I'll keep both once it comes back or pick the one which performs best, it's always good to have options. Truglo has a new set of rifle sights available with a U notch rear and front NS which I'll have on the way as soon as I hear back from them.

I've gotta get my wife to the range and get her comfortable with it and it will become her primary HD weapon when I'm not around to keep an eye on the place. Only took two months to get the stamp in which was pretty surprising. I'm still pretty thrilled that these are now legal to own here in Indiana. I've been keeping it out where I can look at it for the past week lol. It's really nothing terribly fancy but I'm sure pleased with it.

IMG_3019_zps1pg0tugf.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That looks very nice. How does your wife like the Magpul furniture? My LOP is womanlike with shotguns and I have been considering getting some of the furniture.

Still sucks to pay a $200 tax on what can easily be a $200 shotgun (not reflective of Remington awesomeness above).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    She hasn't fondled it yet but it's pretty short without any spacers on it, can't imagine it wouldn't fit most people.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Man... $138 and some change for that...

Just doesn't seem "worth it" to me. Looks like great kit for sure, but man is it spendy.

It is pricey, no doubt. I've seen issues with about every other option on the market and they appear to have addressed them with this unit. As much machine work as they have going on in this product the price isn't out of order.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    It is pricey, no doubt. I've seen issues with about every other option on the market and they appear to have addressed them with this unit. As much machine work as they have going on in this product the price isn't out of order.

I had one in the "cart" on the site. Just couldn't do it knowing that I'd have to esplain it to my roommate... And that at the price it only comes with one "card".

Maybe I can sneak in this purchase when I invest in my 9mm AR pistol upper. HAH!

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I had one in the "cart" on the site. Just couldn't do it knowing that I'd have to esplain it to my roommate... And that at the price it only comes with one "card".

Maybe I can sneak in this purchase when I invest in my 9mm AR pistol upper. HAH!

You STILL don't have that 9mm AR done??? Oh, I think you should pick up one of these card holders for your 870, so 8 can check it out! :)

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Federal Flight Control IS the shiznit. That stuff is unbelievable. Not a fan of the Magpul furniture. The stock Remington wood or the Hogue overmold stocks work better for me. Though I would never ever debate it with Tamara.

Top Bottom