Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    10mm because 9mm sucks butts.....:):

aRmP0CO.jpg

zq4LOWp.jpg

I know cash won't do it, but I do have another Marlin lever action for you. How about a 44 Mag, 16 in ported barrel? That would look killer next to your .45 Colt, plus, you could kill bigger elephants with 44 Mag than with that little 10mm!

Last edited:

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    I like the 10mm, power with low recoil. S&W 610 is an absolute pleasure to shoot. 40 s&w in an n frame, is very mild . 1911 in 10 is highly recommended.

I did have issues with reloàding the 10mm. A lee factory crimp die fixed my problem. longshot and power pistol are my favorite fuels for the 10.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like the 10mm, power with low recoil. S&W 610 is an absolute pleasure to shoot. 40 s&w in an n frame, is very mild . 1911 in 10 is highly recommended.

I did have issues with reloàding the 10mm. A lee factory crimp die fixed my problem. longshot and power pistol are my favorite fuels for the 10.
    S&W 610 is on my list.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I've been wanting to get into 10mm, but I want it as a backpacking gun. The 1911 platform is too heavy for that. I don't much care for XDs, so that one is out as well. I'd be ok with Glock, but I hear they bulge brass in high pressure 10mm loadings, and I'm a reloader, so I can't have that. The S&W 610 is cool, but if I'm getting a revolver I might as well just get a .41 mag, .44 mag, or hot-load a Redhawk in .45 Colt.

I keep waiting for Sig to release a 10mm P320, as I think that would be just the ticket. Grayguns was toying with the idea a few years back, and I keep hearing rumors that Sig is working on a factory version. If they ever get around to actually releasing one, I'll be buying it....assuming it's sold in a regular nitron version, not only offered in expensive "cosmetically enhanced" variants like they did with the 10mm P220.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I’ve been a 10mm fan since it’s infancy. Have had numerous guns in that caliber and still have a few. You can get loads from 40 Short n Weak power all the way up to the Nuclear loads. It’s a good caliber and I’m glad that more manufacturers are producing quality guns in 10mm. Now if they’d only put out an affordable PCC on the AR platform that uses Glock mags. I know about the Banshee but I think it’s just overpriced for what it is. Hopefully someday I’ll get one….

You may be right that the Banshee is overpriced, but it sure runs great. I havn't had a misfire yet, and the radial-delayed blowback does seem to tame the higher velocity rounds a bit. As a relative novice to these types of platforms, I was happy to get a well-sorted-out package, because I have neither the time, nor talent, to fiddle with things to make it run. Having the ability to run the weakest ammo to most powerful ammo, without a hiccup, has extra value to me. Will something better come along at a more modest cost? Probably, but I wanted it NOW!

I liked it so much, I "invested" in some 9mm Banshees also. I've found "Invested" is the proper terminology for SWMBO. On paper, I've already made money on my investment, purchase price over current "value" !!

Another smart thing, IMHO, was buying the wife her very own little 9mm banshee. It's the cutest little thing, and the smile on her face after her first mag dump .... priceless.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You may be right that the Banshee is overpriced, but it sure runs great. I havn't had a misfire yet, and the radial-delayed blowback does seem to tame the higher velocity rounds a bit. As a relative novice to these types of platforms, I was happy to get a well-sorted-out package, because I have neither the time, nor talent, to fiddle with things to make it run. Having the ability to run the weakest ammo to most powerful ammo, without a hiccup, has extra value to me. Will something better come along at a more modest cost? Probably, but I wanted it NOW!

I liked it so much, I "invested" in some 9mm Banshees also. I've found "Invested" is the proper terminology for SWMBO. On paper, I've already made money on my investment, purchase price over current "value" !!

Another smart thing, IMHO, was buying the wife her very own little 9mm banshee. It's the cutest little thing, and the smile on her face after her first mag dump .... priceless.

That makes a lot of sense and you sound a bit like me in your thinking. I just don’t have that kind of coin laying around anymore. I’m hoping that the 10mm popularity continues to grow and more companies will put out PCCs in the caliber or the Banshee starts to pop up on the secondary market and I can trade into one. I’ve become more patient in my old age.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    That makes a lot of sense and you sound a bit like me in your thinking. I just don’t have that kind of coin laying around anymore. I’m hoping that the 10mm popularity continues to grow and more companies will put out PCCs in the caliber or the Banshee starts to pop up on the secondary market and I can trade into one. I’ve become more patient in my old age.
    I hope that it continues to gain ground as well. 10mm has a lot of potential out of a 16 inch barrel. I’ve seen some load data claiming 1600 ft/sec with a 165 speer GDHP.

that’s plenty to knock down a deer at most of the ranges I hunt in thick timber.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've been wanting to get into 10mm, but I want it as a backpacking gun. The 1911 platform is too heavy for that. I don't much care for XDs, so that one is out as well. I'd be ok with Glock, but I hear they bulge brass in high pressure 10mm loadings, and I'm a reloader, so I can't have that. The S&W 610 is cool, but if I'm getting a revolver I might as well just get a .41 mag, .44 mag, or hot-load a Redhawk in .45 Colt.

I keep waiting for Sig to release a 10mm P320, as I think that would be just the ticket. Grayguns was toying with the idea a few years back, and I keep hearing rumors that Sig is working on a factory version. If they ever get around to actually releasing one, I'll be buying it....assuming it's sold in a regular nitron version, not only offered in expensive "cosmetically enhanced" variants like they did with the 10mm P220.
    I've also wanted a single stack FS 10MM Glock. I even wrote to them about it several years ago. I'm sure they could get a 9+1 pistol produced and people like you and I who want power in a lighter package would be willing to buy them.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Same here.

I have a host....still have not decided.

I think the glock 21 is the best bet for a 460 rowland. Gen 4 doesn't even require a recoil spring swap, just a different barrel.

Hard to argue with 13+1 rounds of something matching 44 magnum.

All in all, I don't see why people have a beef with just getting a desert eagle in 50AE if you want some semi-auto handgun horsepower. The weight soaks up all the recoil, the new manufactured guns are reliable, and it's extremely accurate. The ammo is readily available anywhere and isn't outrageously expensive.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I think the glock 21 is the best bet for a 460 rowland. Gen 4 doesn't even require a recoil spring swap, just a different barrel.

Hard to argue with 13+1 rounds of something matching 44 magnum.

All in all, I don't see why people have a beef with just getting a desert eagle in 50AE if you want some semi-auto handgun horsepower. The weight soaks up all the recoil, the new manufactured guns are reliable, and it's extremely accurate. The ammo is readily available anywhere and isn't outrageously expensive.

Maybe....

From a day in day out standpoint, I think a 45 is tough to beat....just fun to see what can be done with the old design.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy

You can get a aftermarket barrel thats fully supported but it also adds to the cost. Good thing though it's fully drop in

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I hope that it continues to gain ground as well. 10mm has a lot of potential out of a 16 inch barrel. I’ve seen some load data claiming 1600 ft/sec with a 165 speer GDHP.

that’s plenty to knock down a deer at most of the ranges I hunt in thick timber.
    I’m not a hunter, I just want one to plink and have around for 2 legged predators.

Top Bottom