• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Oh how I'd love a nice big 10mm semi-automatic pistol.

But I still cannot justify the purchase cost and the ongoing (ammo) costs.

This is purely a "want" and not any kind of "need" what so ever. So...I just pine away at others' guns and very rarely get to shoot them. :-)

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I heard that if you use a 10 mm in a shooting you will go to jail.

I also heard a 9mm is just as good as a 10mm for bears.

Now I heard this from a man holding a sign and talking to himself.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'd like to see Ruger come out with a 10mm in its new carbine series. With multiple magazine options like Glock, Springfield, 1911 etc. That would be the 3 most popular magazines I would think for the 10mm.

corywj

Supporter of the first and second amendments
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2020
    Fort Wayne
    I’ve been a serious gun guy most of my life. I tried the 10mm as an impressionable yute because Don Johnson carried the Bren Ten in Miami Vice. Got one of the first Glock 29s. Then fell in love with the round for the power and versatility. It’s a reloader's dream. Glock kept the round commercially viable until the rest of the shooting world came to their senses. I now own about 31 10mms in 17 different models.
    I have been shopping a 10mm for a while, do you have an opinion to share regarding the Rock Island 10mm, double stack? I think ZX Gun has one in stock for $680, thanks for any feedback.

SpaceManNR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2021
    Indiana
    My first pistol purchase was a 10mm. It was initially hard to feed, being sometimes difficult to find in stock.

Finally vindicated: a couple months ago in Rural King, big empty shelves in the ammo section. Not a single round of anything…except for seven boxes of 10mm

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have one 10mm firearm currently. RIA Tactical II 1911

I want a G40 next

Every time I go to Copper Custom for some other reason(ammo, NFA stamp is in, bored and killing time, etc) and I don't have the money

*Glock 40 MOS on the wall*

Tell myself "I'll come back next paycheck"

Go in when I have the money. - Fresh out.

*Sees something else I fancies and buys that instead*

Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

I'm putting the damn thing on layaway next time this happens

*Copper probably never carries it again*

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have one 10mm firearm currently. RIA Tactical II 1911

I want a G40 next

Every time I go to Copper Custom for some other reason(ammo, NFA stamp is in, bored and killing time, etc) and I don't have the money

*Glock 40 MOS on the wall*

Tell myself "I'll come back next paycheck"

Go in when I have the money. - Fresh out.

*Sees something else I fancies and buys that instead*

Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

I'm putting the damn thing on layaway next time this happens

*Copper probably never carries it again*
    Layaway or credit card is about the only fix for that problem.

Oldschool1911s

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2021
    NWI
    I've been wanting to get into 10mm, but I want it as a backpacking gun. The 1911 platform is too heavy for that. I don't much care for XDs, so that one is out as well. I'd be ok with Glock, but I hear they bulge brass in high pressure 10mm loadings, and I'm a reloader, so I can't have that. The S&W 610 is cool, but if I'm getting a revolver I might as well just get a .41 mag, .44 mag, or hot-load a Redhawk in .45 Colt.

I keep waiting for Sig to release a 10mm P320, as I think that would be just the ticket. Grayguns was toying with the idea a few years back, and I keep hearing rumors that Sig is working on a factory version. If they ever get around to actually releasing one, I'll be buying it....assuming it's sold in a regular nitron version, not only offered in expensive "cosmetically enhanced" variants like they did with the 10mm P220.
    I read on this site to get away from a smiley, 10mm (brass bugle) buy an after market barrel like KMM or such.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I read on this site to get away from a smiley, 10mm (brass bugle) buy an after market barrel like KMM or such.
    This is true, but then I'm $150-$200 more into a gun that should have been designed to prevent that in the first place. I shouldn't have to do that. I'm not a Glock hater by any means, but this is a problem with their design. I've seen bulges in "glocked" .40 and 9mm brass, too. I don't care so much about those because that brass is cheap (free) and abundant, but that's not the case with 10mm.

Additionally, I like the P320. It's a good gun...Sig kind of took the Glock playbook and improved on it. Cheap, reliable, practical...with an added feature of modularity and a MUCH better trigger, better ergonomics, and better sights. I'm also heavily invested in the platform now, and I'm a P320 armorer, so it just makes sense to stick with the SIG. I'm in no huge rush...I can wait. I just wish I knew for sure that they're planning on releasing one.

Walking Bear

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Floyds Knobs
    When Indiana approved the 10 MM for deer I was ready. I had a new Glock 20. Order slide and barrel from Lone Wolf Heavy spring and Burris III. The 10 loaded properly approaches the ballistics of 41 mag and will leave the .357 in the dust. If you reload you can really make it a deer slayer. I use heavy bullets 180 XTP or a gas checked hard cast 200 grain.

The 460 Roland has caught my attention also but not sure at this time. Due to wrist surgery I can no longer shoot "hot" loads in a handgun.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Out of curiosity, are there magazine capacity limits for handgun hunting like there are for rifle hunting?
    Good question.
    I carry a rifle deer hunting and my 10mm handgun. I wonder if that is illegal? I know a few guys that carry their edc deer hunting with 15+ rds in them.

They say no more than 10rds on your person hunting deer. Are you supposed to leave your edc in the truck? Magazine size doesn't matter it's how many rds you have with you.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    When Indiana approved the 10 MM for deer I was ready. I had a new Glock 20. Order slide and barrel from Lone Wolf Heavy spring and Burris III. The 10 loaded properly approaches the ballistics of 41 mag and will leave the .357 in the dust. If you reload you can really make it a deer slayer. I use heavy bullets 180 XTP or a gas checked hard cast 200 grain.

The 460 Roland has caught my attention also but not sure at this time. Due to wrist surgery I can no longer shoot "hot" loads in a handgun.

I’ve taken 3 deer with 10mm. One was with a factory XTP as I shot it (legally In season) at 30’ with my stock G20, stock sights while coming up my driveway. One was at 49 yards from my side door after I’d gone in for snacks, with the stock G40 and RDS, the other at 25 yards from my roof. Both were my 180gr XTP loads. The farthest I tracked was about 20 yards. I’ve yet to test my 200gr hard cast nuclear loads against live targets, but they shoot just fine out of my stock barrel G40.

Top Bottom