• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I haven't seen any mention about a GS Adventure version of the GS1300 so far.
    There HAS been talk of a 1400cc version of the new motor. If I were to guess the 1400 will probably be what they put in the Adventure trim with a torque increase.
    I would stay away from the new engine/driveline (like all of them) for a few years.
    There are always teething problems and I would be leery of the 1300 being a "2 year only engine" or something in favor of the 1400.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    1696372511560.png I am thinking about taking a ride out there for this. I have never been to 469 cycle. Does anyone have any experience with this place? They sure have a lot of bikes.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I need somebody to school me on Blue tooth for helmets. Good, bad, junk, etc. Going to be putting it in an LS2 helmet. Dont really need to connect to other riders, just phone.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I got these for me and the wife. They work great for phone and other riders or passengers. But I think this is more than you need. Try some cheap in-ear buds would be my suggestion

Cardo Spirit Headset - Duo Pack​

$170.96
    1697320384840.png

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    I got these for me and the wife. They work great for phone and other riders or passengers. But I think this is more than you need. Try some cheap in-ear buds would be my suggestion

$170.96
    View attachment 305402
    Actually that’s more on the lines of what I was looking at. Sound quality good?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

$170.96
    View attachment 305402
    -
    Actually that’s more on the lines of what I was looking at. Sound quality good?
    Yes, very good. I bought the 2 pack but singles are available. For more money you can have HD sound etc. I just want to hear my Waze directions and talk to the wife. Cycle Gear is where I got em

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    After using earbuds on a helmet for a 3 hour one way trip,I bought a motorcycle with speakers. Not only the ear pain but the extended process of starting the music, putting in earbuds, putting on helmet, then gloves, etc, was just a lot of hassle. My next helmet will have integrated Bluetooth.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Yeah, the earbud thing isn’t going to happen for me. Don’t like ‘em and they hurt. The Cardo option has piqued my interest and been reading some about them. Good reviews-the model for me is the 4X, kinda pricey but the local dealer here has been pushing the Sena and I haven’t read good reviews from actual users.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yeah, the earbud thing isn’t going to happen for me. Don’t like ‘em and they hurt. The Cardo option has piqued my interest and been reading some about them. Good reviews-the model for me is the 4X, kinda pricey but the local dealer here has been pushing the Sena and I haven’t read good reviews from actual users.

Melensdad really likes the Cardo. I'm invested in my Sena (9 years) and won't ride without some sort of helmet audio. I'll likely try a Cardo, if and when the Sena retires.

All of these helmet bluetooth communicators seem to be overpriced, compared to modern day electronics. They should be about half of their pricing. :twocents:

I'd like the Sena to be a shade louder. 80-ish MPH wind noise drowns out the audio. I have some notes of things to try, like earplugs, a windscreen addition, moving helmet speakers around, possibly a new lid? For town and slow riding the system is fine...

...but I like to go fast. :D

:)

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Our Shoei Neotecs come designed to run a Sena system so that's what we use. We've been pretty happy with them so far. Rider to rider comms is nice and having music on the road is a plus.

My wife can't stand earplugs, but I use a set of Earpeace Moto Pro plugs and really like them. To me they're comfortable, and take care of wind noise nicely. As an added bonus, they make the music sound a lot better.

Earpeace

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom