Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Seems handy................

View attachment 250064

There are a LOT tougher riders than me out there.

In my experience though, middle day sunshine makes all the difference in being cold or not. 60 degrees in early afternoon with no clouds is quite comfy. 60 on the top or bottom of the day can get cold quickly. The same with a cloudy or even partially cloudy day.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    There are a LOT tougher riders than me out there.

In my experience though, middle day sunshine makes all the difference in being cold or not. 60 degrees in early afternoon with no clouds is quite comfy. 60 on the top or bottom of the day can get cold quickly. The same with a cloudy or even partially cloudy day.
    Same here. 60* is about my bottom end. If it's not fun I just stay home.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Same here. 60* is about my bottom end. If it's not fun I just stay home.

Agreed. Been there done that, in the 30's and 40's. Just cause you can doesn't mean it's worth the trouble. Certainly not fun.

Years back, when the current bike was new to me, I made a couple rides up to shoot Friday Night Steel, an hour away. Nice ride up, early AM Saturday ride home was 43 degrees. Had to stop and thaw at least once. Not fun...

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Meet Alan Kempster, the “Half man” who lived his life on full throttle. Alan was a born racer, but soon after getting his racing license, Alan met with an accident at a young age of 20. He was hit by a drunk lorry driver that cost Alan his two limbs. And then started his second life, his real struggle of recovering from the accident that changed the entire course of his life. Alan went through a number of recovery operations, and pain, he struggled to do even the basic day to day activities. But nothing broke his will. Maybe his body was fragile, but not his spirit. The Aussie took up water skiing and represented his country in 5 World Championships out of which he won 3.

Good video here

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    My wife and I can relate to the low speed uhh "challenges" of the ADV bikes. We came from a V-Rod and a Sportster respectively and we both say that most of our drops on the V-Stroms are gonna be low speed stuff like her's.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Watched this over the weekend...

tenor.gif

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    These "snow bikes"..... you never actually see people riding them. Went to a bike show recently. I was amazed how many bikes were actually non-functional. That should be an immediate DQ.

Top Bottom